The Old Rugged Victorinox Cross..... Pioneer content, grails and such.... Red Gold...

Bumping Woodrow's fine thread.

AdALOX_zpsd52a8a1a.jpg

Repent now, save your bank account!

The greatness of the alox SAK's cannot be overrated. If we were not among the afflicted and obsessed knife knuts, an alox SAK like a pioneer or farmer would really be all the pocket knife a person needs. But then, we are the obsessed!:D

Last edited:
The greatness of the alox SAK's cannot be overrated. If we were not among the afflicted and obsessed knife knuts, an alox SAK like a pioneer or farmer would really be all the pocket knife a person needs. But then, we rate the obsessed!:D

It really probably is the all around perfect pocket knife if all you are looking for is usefulness.

It really probably is the all around perfect pocket knife if all you are looking for is usefulness.

Agreed, excepting that I prefer the Electrician with it's short, stout sheepfoot blade replacing the can opener. I would love to have a red or other color Electrician for a reasonable price, but I just can't accept paying double or triple over the cost of the silver alox.

ElectOpen_zps8abce8c8.jpg~original

I sure do love my Farmer :) It's a new one in orange ALOX.

In looking at the earlier model I think I like the polished Can Opener/Bottle Opener of this newest generation over the brushed look of the earlier. A minor detail, but...
4259DCC2-FDB5-40E1-B8E5-3B24618C7D05_zpspr0v3rub.jpg

Last edited:
I carry an old cross a lot of the time. There's one just a touch redder in the drawer. I was able to pick up two nice ones to give to relatives a Christmas.

Thanks for the great thread, I agree with the sentiment that a Pioneer is probably the only knife you NEED.

Like some others here I find a different tool more useful than the can opener, in my case it is the magnifying glass.

Back