The Titanium Pencil...

This will give everyone a better idea of what the Titanium Pencil is going to be. These are not finished, but what you can see is functional as it is without considering what extra camouflage could be added.

Will has created a wonderful and functional Tool, don't you think?

Who is interested in them? Will is not going to be making alot of these, and this might not ever be repeated. I would hope we could get more as he has done an excellent job, but that is up to him.

Excellent job Will. Thanks for taking something in my mind and making it take a physical form in the real world.

4944247-03eb-020001B5-.jpg

4944211-78e0-026D0175-.jpg

4944156-7775-020001D9-.jpg

Sounds sweet. Sign me up.

Don, I am still cussing Autocadd.

Take care,
Reed

Don,

Nicly done.

I'm in for one, maybe two. Just tell us who gets the funds.

BTW -what's the overall weight?

-Seth

Seth,

Dude, thank Will, just my idea and his immaculate execution. I'm very impressed with this!

By the way, I had to do some stuff last night in "Suspect Chat," what happened to ya? As soon as I came back, I seen you there and you split. Did the Chat Window implode? Sometimes it does.

Anyway, Will is working up a price, and this is going to be a Extremely Limited Run of Ti-Pencils, and by that I mean, he may never do another one.

And something has to be said. Isn't this place great? Where else can you get such an exposure for an idea, a concept, and then have like-minded people, people that understand what you want, step forward and do it?

Amazing medium.

The weight, hmmm...I don't know if Will even has a scale that will go that low.

A Benchmade Model 42 Balisong with Ti-handles and a steel blade weighs in at 4.1 ounces. I would imagine this will not be more then 2.0. That's just a guess though.

Besides the advent of the 'net' helping to bring like-minded folk within reach of one another,the Computer assisted machining technologies can bring new life to some old ideas. Items that would be too costly to produce for such a small specalized market now have a chance to see life.

My thanks to Will and his efforts as well...

-Seth

I'm in for two definitely and possibly four more. Gotta agree with you Don, that this is the place to make things happen. Now if only someone would do my Tactical Rentjong:)

Thanks for actualizing Don's idea Will.

I'm a little concerned about having a CI in my house, though.

Whoa, that's neat! Funds permitting I'd be interested in (at least) a pair of those, but I'll reserve my final commitment until I know a price.

Gee I hate being unemployed. :(

I think it is an outstanding idea. I would be interested in one depending upon price. I do have some concern regarding having a sharp object in my pocket without protection on the tip. I have been jabbed by a regular pencil and that was bad enough.

Charles

Originally posted by SouthNarc
I'm a little concerned about having a CI in my house, though.

As long as the CI is not a "paid" C.I., they're cool, or, not trying to get their ass out of hot water. Straight up C.I.s are cool. :cool:

Originally posted by Charles S
I do have some concern regarding having a sharp object in my pocket without protection on the tip.

Charles

Ultimately, that might be up to the End User. You could more or less make a friction fit leather "boot" and when you draw the Tee-Pee [CI] out of your pocket, you would drag it and it would slide right off. But otherwise stay in place. Simple, functional and safe.

That's an awesome idea and gorgeous execution. Count me in on an order. Congratulations Will and Don.:cool:

Hate to wimp out, but I'm going to have to stick with the Ti pen only--I need a multifunction tool more than I need a single-purpose one.

Cool stuff, good job gents!! I'm interested for sure, just can't firmly commit until a price has been worked out.
Stay Safe...
Clyde

Don-
Can you tell me if the width is the same as a regular No. 2 pencil? What I'm trying to figure out is if a clip could be used up at the eraser end?? I have a cheap steel scribe- it's tip is extremely sharp and has a little 'brass' cover and a clip for the pocket, and it passes as a pen all the time; I'm thinking a clip on the eraser end of this would just make it look like a "nerd pencil" and nobody would notice it in its easily-accessible position...
Whaddayathink?

Originally posted by Kelt
Don-
What I'm trying to figure out is if a clip could be used up at the eraser end? I'm thinking a clip on the eraser end of this would just make it look like a "nerd pencil" and nobody would notice it in its easily-accessible position...

I cannot tell you how close it is to a regular pencil other than to direct you at the pic and to Will, but as you can see, it is probably going to be close enough that you could carefully bend your clip to fit to it.

Also, another idea was to put the larger, "aftermarket" erasers on the end which would act as a thumb cushion for thumb-capping in reverse grip, or in the palm for a "shiv-push" type of grip.

Leo and others, I understand the concern about the price as I want two or three of them!!!

Will is working it all up. But I'm telling you, this is limited and I'm not saying that to sell them. I'm not making any money on this, this is just for us all and the joy of seeing a picture in your mind take a physical form.

Stay tuned. :D

Dangit Don!!!!!

I knew I shouldn't have clicked on this thread!!!

Please, when you and Will get the price set in concrete I'd like to have a shot at owning at least one of these. Possibly two. Ya know for the wife :D

Ross T.

Back