The Titanium Pencil...

I want one.. for fear of clogging your inbox with redundant questions I will just wait patiently.. btw did you trace over your Ti Pencil with graphite to give it that look or is it engraved?

must.. have.. damn you Santucci I tried to resist such a preposterous idea but I.. I.. urrgh

Holy @#$%

I definitely want one of these! In my job I often keep a pen tucked in my bandana. Do you think this would work with this? The same goes for ball caps etc.

Don I tried getting back to ya but my E-mail ain't workin right. Things have been extremely hectic.

Anyways, I think this is a great idea and from the pic, it looks like it was nicely executed.

I E-mailed the Dude twice since August, I did not want to pester him or be a nagging ass about the whole thing.

No answer back, I guess the Project is in the sh*tter. I have no idea.

I guess anything could have happened. I might be able to find someone else as well...I shall try as I really wanted a couple/three of these.

Don,
I have checked in for a while, how are things going. Sorry to hear this one was put in the round file cabinet.
Email me if you want me to talk with the guys here.

Take care,
Reed

I don't mean to be presumptuous, but I think it's important that this device functions as a writing instrument. If it doesn't, it's a concealed weapon not a sturdy pen. You can carry a sturdy pen anywhere; a concealed weapon is a different matter.

Originally posted by Wabrek
I don't mean to be presumptuous, but I think it's important that this device functions as a writing instrument. If it doesn't, it's a concealed weapon not a sturdy pen. You can carry a sturdy pen anywhere; a concealed weapon is a different matter.

I think you're getting ahead of yourself. You're commenting on two entirely different projects and injecting the belief that this should write when it was never intended to be a writing instrument. A Scribe? Perhaps. A writing instrument? No, it was never intended to function in that manner unless "scratching" was the "writing."

That's why there were two, distinct threads/projects, one a pen and one a pencil.

One project won't be dumped for another.

As for the Ti-Pen.

I had an idea once. What if a Titanium Pen that takes an established and Commercially available and excellent ink cartridge refill could be made?

I sat down, in a BMP Window of all things...and started drawing one up. What I thought it needed to be...

The original intent was to have this pass muster in any environment. After recent events, it probably no longer will in many places. People are giving nail clippers and knitting needles the hairy-eyeball now...so that is moot.

It will still be geared towards the Politically Correct Office.

Thankfully, two Gentlemen stepped forward, Reed and Gordon, and they literally took a picture drawn in a BMP Image/File and they gave it life in a drafting program.

Now, trust me when I say this...

If I had $50,000.00 in the bank right now, they would have already been made and a month after that, I would probably have $100,000.00 in the bank. Takes money to make money and I have no money to start with. That's life.

Back to the Pencil, this is a non-issue to me, I have no idea why it came up as these are two entirely different projects/concepts.

And there is a world of difference between taking an ink cartridge and a solid rod of Ti and grinding the rod into dust and coming up with a Pen and making the Pencil.

So...I know the Ti-Pencil will be a reality very soon. I've seen to that. The Pen is still up in the air.

I'd love to have a couple of the pencils, er, scribes, if-and-when you make 'em. Count me in.

Back