The Traveling Spyderco Delica. . .

Great thread.

How many more members are awaiting a visit from Mr Brownstone?

Hi. I am glad you are enjoying it. There are a few people still in line, but I am willing to add more to the queue. If you would like to host Mr. Brownstone please email me your info at mostmenareruthless AT gmail.com.

I would like to add myself also, i can take it with me to a offshore trip for a month!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mr. Brownstone arrived!!!!

sDPJAzf.jpg

First order of business...............surgery. No worries, Hobbit has Wiha.

Tv4bH9V.jpg

Success!! Patient seems none the worse for wear. FYI to whoever wants to change things down the road...I used some BLUE loctite as one of the screws seemed a bit loose in the hole. Don't know how you guys were able to keep this thing lefty clipped.

DezuxlM.jpg

Introduced him to a relative from Japan.Also in VG-10. Maybe they were billet brothers! I'll update as we get to know each other more.

R3xtJUp.jpg

I love seeing all the marks, scratches, mars, and signs of a knife being used as it was intended. The Delica really is just simply the best "true EDC" I have come across yet!

I thin I can speak for the other followers of this thread that we are anxiously awaiting more travelogue and pics!

Sooooooo.......Wisconsin.

JS97ZdP.jpg

Took Mr. Brownstone out with me to snowplow the driveway. Got about 1/2 a foot since I left the house this morning. Yesterday you could see grass.

dXYvAUB.jpg

Didn't have a ton of work for Mr. Brownstone, although he did open the bottle of oil to add to the gasoline. Snowblower was dry.

XcY8mfi.jpg

No complaints here though. It was a damn fine sunset.

KMnxYzG.jpg

Very cool photo!

It was easy keeping him lefty clipped - if I carried him by himself, he was in my right rear pocket, blade back up against the pocket seam, and I opened him into a reverse grip with the tip of my ring finger.

But I frequently carry multiple knives, and he rode in the left rear pocket quite a bit during his visit. Made sense to just use the left hand to open him.

Right hand use, the pocket clip was actually more comfortable that way (under the fingertips) than what I have noticed with Delicas in the past (against the palm). So I'm contemplating moving my new Jazzz Wharncliffe D4 around that way.

Very cool photo!

It was easy keeping him lefty clipped - if I carried him by himself, he was in my right rear pocket, blade back up against the pocket seam, and I opened him into a reverse grip with the tip of my ring finger.

But I frequently carry multiple knives, and he rode in the left rear pocket quite a bit during his visit. Made sense to just use the left hand to open him.

Right hand use, the pocket clip was actually more comfortable that way (under the fingertips) than what I have noticed with Delicas in the past (against the palm). So I'm contemplating moving my new Jazzz Wharncliffe D4 around that way.

It's interesting you mention that. I had the exact same reaction regarding the comfort in hand. It IS better with the clip on the left side (for us righties anyway). Still, I can't use it clipped for left, tip-up...I typically only carry one knife and if it's not in it's home (right front pocket) I feel naked.

Still, I can't use it clipped for left, tip-up...I typically only carry one knife and if it's not in it's home (right front pocket) I feel naked.

Why can't you have it in your RF pocket when the clip is lefty?

Because then it's backwards and I might be a touch OCD.

Ok, I actually felt it took some less space in the pocket that way and as you and sixgunner I also feel improvement in the ergo's.

But back on topic, great pictures, keep workin Mr. Brownstone!

Back