Theamazingdrew & Captain Spaulding Project

No offense, but this has absolutely no place in this forum. In has neither wilderness, nor survival content. It's basically a two-way discussion about a melon carving knife.

Cool, do you have a thread for that WIP?

yes its on the first page in WS&S

No offense, but this has absolutely no place in this forum. In has neither wilderness, nor survival content. It's basically a two-way discussion about a melon carving knife.
thats for the mods do decide.
the original thread for the givaway is here in WS&S so as far as im concerned it belongs in WS&S
thats like saying if someone in the ESEE forum gives away a flashlight it needs to b in gadgets and gear.

I guess the off topic designation wasn't clear enough for you...it is a byproduct of the Pay It Forward thread but not survival...relax and don't read it if it bothers you.

Maybe the mods could move it to the "spawned by the Pay It Forward thread in such a manner that it may require discussion amongst parties involved regarding a project that may interest others" sub forum.

If this is so uninteresting and out of place why take the time to read it let alone scold us in a post that only served to bump it back to the top of the forum?

Last edited:
Sure a Melon carver ain't really survival stuff but that knife would also make one hell of a great blade for fish prep etc !

Very true, I will likely have it in the truck on camping trips with the fam since we always camp where I can fish.

Sounds great man...I think I am hitting the Animas on Sunday morning too...gonna try and land a few big browns before everyone starts swarming the river.

Capt. Spaulding: That is some crazy ish you do with melons! Nice work.

theamazingandrew: Nice job, again! Put me down for a Mrs. Pitdog knife with Micarta.

And it was DUBBED the "MRS. PIT"! Wait, that isn't pleasant sounding :(
How about the "MINI PIT"!? Much better but might need some work still : D

Well I am damn excited to get this knife Drew as I lost the super delicate tip off of mine today making this:

n67t75.jpg

Moving to Gadgets & Gear.

Back