This is a shame!!!

"vermonster",

I've been frequenting these forums for more than three years now without ever being involved in flame wars and name calling, so I'm not gonna start now.

(Editing due to the above mentioned forumite having recalled his previous insults)

Hey there LEO,
Check my post again. As far as me being a pussy, well Email your number and we can talk about it like men.

Originally posted by Sierra912
"BP" in particular offered nothing to any discussion on the Forum that wasn't tainted with his narrow-minded, emotional, view of the world to include attacking any view, opinion, or commentary that he elected to take exception to. When offered the opportunity to readress issues and not people via a quieter tone and manner he proved incapable of doing so, to include his postings on this thread. It's the Few like "BP" who make cyber discussions of any merit a trial and tribulation, and in the end turn something meant to be fun, interesting, and perhaps an exercise in growth little more than a **** sandwich.

Greg, I have always respected you, I mean, for damned years I have. Some of the things you have done on these forums has been more than disappointing, to say the least. But everyone is entitled to their opinion, including you.

I think what you wrote about "bpman" is indicative of a problem you have on this medium and quite frankly, I'm at a loss for words as to how to go about describing it.

How on Earth are you going to blast the man now by saying that he had nothing to offer in the discussion when you deleted his words?

Greg, when you say something and someone disagrees with you in a Magazine, they can write you and you have the final say if that gets published or not.

Here, you did not have that option and the general consensus I see is, you meant to exercise that option on this medium where it does not exist and where it does exist, it becomes a petty form of oneupmanship at best.

In other words, you treated the forum like a Magazine, you could not stop him from being published, so you simply deleted it.

There is more than one problem with that, but one of the main problems with it is, when you do that, people no longer wish to take the time to respond to anything. Why waste the time if it might get deleted if they disagree with you or someone else in the thread does?

I take the time, sometimes, because I can type faster than alot of people on here. Some people might spend 45 minutes typing out what I just typed. And you destroy it with two or three clicks of a mouse. Not cool friend.

Hey, there comes a time when one calls it like they see it, and I'm just sharing with the good folks who count out there - some of whom have posted their displeasure with how this all came down (and I thank ye very much, guys) and whose postings have caused toads in the road like "BP", and "Blues", and Leo D. to quiver and shake about how they've been "misunderstood".

You know something? There is nothing that anyone can post here that will damage you more than your own words. If you want to see someone that despises some of the things the Government does, that would be me. That is my right as an American to not like some things as long as I do not get violent about it as so many with criminal intent tend to do. But you just referred to two Federal Agents as "Toads in the road" and one has to think if there is anything you truly respect other than your own reflection in the mirror when you wash your teeth in the morning. Honestly Greg, it's about as funny as brain cancer.

As for Leo Daher, Leo is a special sort of man. He just came to this country after having visited it in the past and having fallen in love with it. He is everything America was supposed to be, a refuge from those that were oppressed. Where he comes from, it is damned near illegal to defend yourself and you damn sure cannot own some of the firearms there that you can here.

What was on that SF badge, Greg? De oppresso liber... to free from oppression. Leo freed himself, he came here basically to get away from Policia who act like you do. Yeah, not a popular thing to say by far, the black hat mentality I talked about before. "They ban black hats, better not wear black hats on my beat."

So, you, a Police Officer, are calling two Feds "toads in the road" and a damned fine American as well...being Leo. Does not sit well, Greg.

Suck it up, lads. You screwed up and have been called on it. Welcome to the world of FK/FC editorial comment, courtesy of someone who has done his own work and continues to do so.

We already discussed that, you already turned the forum into a magazine by selectively removing what you wanted to.

Greg, the main problem with you, why myself and others had some issues with you, was the fact you will say something - state an opinion - then when asked about it, you won't answer or you get condescending about the whole issue. Then, when pressed, you consider the person "disruptive" or "rude" and right up "House Rules."

So, by doing that, what you are basically communicating is, "If you agree with me, we'll chat, if not, STFU."

Like it or not, this is what has happened. All of the other talk is mere dust in the wind.

My email is in my profile, so feel free to send me a message if you want. I'm editing my previous post due to you changing yours, but remember - YOU were the one who hurl insults at someone you don't even know. I merely replied using your own words.

Leo,
I while I was writing what I did, your post came up at the same time. My post just happened to be under yours. Not directed to you spacifically, but to the ones that have been nowhere and have done nothing. If thats you than take MUCH OFFENSE, if not than you are one of the few. You have to admitt that there are more of these individuals than not...

MattMnault@aol.com

Vermonster,

FWIW, I've been involved with combative training all my life, both unarmed and with weapons. Right now, I train regularly with one of the foremost blade instructors in this country. My background includes Shotokan Karate, Western Boxing and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

As far as firearms are concerned, I'm a NRA certified instructor in the disciplines of Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Personal Protection. Back in '91, I graduated in Mas Ayoob's Lethal Force Institute (LFI I, II and III), and have taken courses from Dr. Arthur Kobetz' Executive Protection Institute. I've made a living both teaching defensive shooting and working executive/VIP protection in one of the world's toughest cities.

Does any of this make me a "supercommando"? Certainly not, and I never pretended to be one. However, I submit that one shouldn't need a Special Forces background to respectfully disagree with a moderator, particularly when the subject - in my case, the right to keeep and bear arms - has absolutely nothing to do with a military record or lack thereof.

Brian,

I don't see any reason to. Although it would be better than just deleting it, yeah? :)

I believe that brief misunderstanding between Vermonster and I has already been solved, if that was the excuse for suggesting a thread-locking.

Leo,
Again, I stated that if my comments do not apply than forget it. As far as your background that you shared, impresive!
I never stated that one needs to be SF, Military or former to state a valid point or opinion, not once. But if one does decide to lay it down, experience counts every time, hands down.

Again don't take it personal if it does not apply.....

Glad to see you two are getting along...

My original post addressed people who DO spout off with no knowledge, or only having read something and feeling they are experts on it.

For myself, I post on things only that I've done, have been taught to me by those who have experience, or, if it's only something I read or rumor heard, then I lead off with that caveat so people can judge the quality (good or bad) of my information.

For me the real deal doesn't mean being an SFer or Law Enforcer or anything else. For me being real means talking only from personal experience, and letting people know when something I bring up is NOT my firsthand experience. So, real deal = real people.

I have some good friends who are self-admitted "cyber warriors" -- they don;t train but they like the whole mindset, and love talking about it. That's totally cool! They just admit it, and I have as much respect for that as I do for anybody in Spec Ops or any other profession. They get a spot on my pedestal as much as anyone else.

Vermonster,

Cool. The comment on the irrelevance of some of the arguments being used here wasn't directed specifically at you anyway.

Leo

I wasn't suggesting a lock, I was forecasting that one might occur...shoulda put a smiley or something...

Jeez, accused of "lambasting" and being a nazi all in one thread. And to think that someone said he didn't have thin skin...

To paraphrase a popular line: "This wasn't personal, it was strictly business."

Anyway, I'll be out of town without computer access...Sorry I won't be able to contribute further.

Don Rearic:

Thanks for the words.

Mr. Walker, if you want to call me a "toad in the road"...go right ahead. You're opinion of me is on par with your knowledge of the FAM program...in other words..worthless! You've demonstrated exactly what you are...accuse me all you like. But here again, you drag other people into the fray...why jump down Blues throat...he did not pick a bone with you...he simply stated the forum policies..that fo whatever reason..you were ignorant of. He thanked you for your service to our nation...end of story...and surprise, surprise...your tissue thin ego "amped" up a few notches and you bad mouthed him. Likewise for Leo D.

Yes...you caught us...a vast, deep dark secret society hell bent on busting your chops...not giving you a fair chance...picking on you. Good god....I've got a five year old nephew that whines less than you and has one/eighth the persecution complex you do...and he has 2 older sisters that really do pick on him mercilessly.

Just a clarification, I have never talked to Blues...in fact, I only vaguely knew of him because of the custom knives thread I like to frequent. So this was no concerted effort...which of course will be your next assertion. I respect him for the work he does for this country and I appreciate his help in clearing up the True forum policies.

In short, you want to throw daggers...throw them at me. Personally, I've had enough of you and I'm sure you of me. Let it go!

Bpman

Experience is usually demanded by scoundrels. It provides an alternative to confronting a well argued position with reason. Whether you are the latest mall ninja, or the best of true hardboiled warriors, you have not walked in our shoes any more than we have walked in yours. We all have something to contribute; life has provided all of us with valuable experience. Good leaders listen and build upon what they have learned.

Don, thanks for your well stated post. This is not Greg's forum, nor is it Spark's forums, it is our forum. We ultimately contribute to it, feed it, and pay Sparks to operate it for us. We are grateful that he has stepped up to take on the challenge, and we are grateful to the many moderators and members that have made this place what it is.

But, the words and contents are ours. We are solely responsible for uttering them, and barring the worst, these words should be safeguarded and respected. Arbitrarily deleting materials is the worst offense that anyone can commit on these boards. This forum was specifically created for members who had fled other forums becuase threads had been deleted.

Greg doesn't agree with this. I respect his opinion, but there is no room for that practice here. It is a shame that he was compeled to leave over this. But, that was his choice and not ours.

n2s

not2sharp,
"Experience is usually demanded by scoundrels"

Could you please clarify this very powerful statement. I may be misinterpreting, as it has been done before.

Back