Thoughts on the Wave...?

Hi, looking for a smaller pocket knife, something a bit larger than a lionsteel tre. I have had good luck with my horizon cf and thought I might give a wave a try. I would like to hear the thoughts of those of you who have spent some time with one of these babies.
Not an inexpensive knife, many possiblities at this price point, and I am to the point of giving a lot of thought to my knife purchases these days.
Thanks in advance for your time, Russ

[video=youtube;IcHMe4IrYC0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcHMe4IrYC0[/video]

What can I say ? I really enjoy mine. Excellent fit & finish like always with Reate, it flips like a rocket, size and weight are perfect for me.

Well done video, but I want to hear from someone that uses it and can come to on slicing, cutting nasty plastic, edge retention etc...
I have a few Alan Davis knives this size that are amazing but I want something that I can carry with no worries about cosmetic damage.
My horizon cf has seen pretty hard use and holds up like a champ, back spacer and clip not pretty but I do not care.
My fun money goes to other hobbies these days but there is a hole in my edc line up and want to know if this could be the plug.
Russ

I just got a Reate Wave. I've had it for about a week, and I love it. It's the only Reate I've ever handled, but it is a fantastic knife. I really like the anodized inlays, plus they keep pressure off the lock bar when deploying. It feels good in the hand, nice and comfortable. Also, the size is perfect for edc, imo.

I just got a Reate Wave. I've had it for about a week, and I love it. It's the only Reate I've ever handled, but it is a fantastic knife. I really like the anodized inlays, plus they keep pressure off the lock bar when deploying. It feels good in the hand, nice and comfortable. Also, the size is perfect for edc, imo.

Thank you for your support

Saving my pennies up for one, any chance of a passaround on the Wave ?
G2

I was fortunate enough to have one of these from a friend, but, I have a question regarding some written numbers on the side of the blade, appears to be in magic marker but it won't wipe off, even with fingernail polish remover, quite faint now but still visible on the side that has the M390 on it,

On the blade it has what looks to be 2.53 along the blade near the tip, any ideas on what that might be about? and if there is a way to remove it?

I also did a short review seen here at this link

and here's a couple photos of mine;

wave_clipped.jpg~original

Wave_open.jpg~original

G2

I was fortunate enough to have one of these from a friend, but, I have a question regarding some written numbers on the side of the blade, appears to be in magic marker but it won't wipe off, even with fingernail polish remover, quite faint now but still visible on the side that has the M390 on it,

On the blade it has what looks to be 2.53 along the blade near the tip, any ideas on what that might be about? and if there is a way to remove it?

I also did a short review seen here at this link

and here's a couple photos of mine;

wave_clipped.jpg~original

Wave_open.jpg~original

G2

Hi Gray,thanks for your support.This is Shera Feng from Reate Knives.Could you please send me more pictures about the issue you are talking about ?My e-mail is shera@reateknives.com.I will follow up your business.
Thank you very much.

Thanks, email being sent now.
G2

I had the same exact thing. Even the same numbers. I was able to scrub it off with some soap and a paper towel. You could barely see them, only when in the right lighting. The knife is still amazing.

Mine wouldn't scrub off as well, still faint but not giving it up ;) it is certainly an amazing folder!
Glad to know mine was not the only one, thanks!
G2

I didn't notice them until a few days after I bought it. I think it goes to show the hands on attention that was used in construction. I love the design, and would love it if Reate would make more knives in the 3" range. They have completely faded now, and I don't even remember which side they were on.

Some in the hand shots of this great folder;

Reate_Wave_closed.jpg~original

my palm measure about 3 1/2" wide
Reate_Wave_palm.jpg~original

Reate_Wave_open.jpg~original

The number on my blade is on the side with the M390 so it's not viewed too often, I was offered to return it and get an exchange but I opted not to do so, as a bird in the hand...or rather knife in the hand, is a safer bet ;)

About the only thing that I'd prefer more would be that there was not a sharp 90 degree drop at the start of the edge, but an angled start so that when material, if it falls down into there, would ride up and out onto the edge and not get snagged by that corner. Otherwise, it's about near perfect!

G2

Now that I look, you can still kind of see them. I took a picture. It wasn't easy to get them in perfect light to be visible. I'm going try to figure out how to post it.

About the same, I've used fingernail polish but it must be etched into the metal pretty deep to not come off.

I just wonder what the numbers represent?

Reate_Wave_blade.jpg~original

G2

Back