Titanium Backpacker!

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
This is the knife I have been talking about all year, the Ti Backpacker!

The Backpacking, Camping, Fishing, Hunting, Boating, Diving, Survival, Back Country, Mountain Climbing, Every Day Carry Knife and more!

It weighs almost nothing and will never rust. The 72 Rockwell hardness carbidized edge is self sharpening on some materials.

Keep one in the car for emergencies
Leave one stashed in your pack because you'll never notice the weight
Have one on you, carry a fixed blade that weighs as much as pocket change

These are stonewashed for a tough finish!

Weight - 18 grams! Just over half an ounce...

093-4_zps6519b5c6.jpg

089-1_zps415570f7.jpg

091-3_zpsc536b517.jpg

087-3_zps40d97cc1.jpg

064-6_zpsbf78ec27.jpg

053-10_zps1ec3517d.jpg

051-4_zps85d03d39.jpg

059-8_zpsa96b00b9.jpg

067-7_zpsae4dcee3.jpg

Last edited:
...but there's more!

They open bottles!

Keep the sheath on for this part. :D

096-3_zpsfadf5d1c.jpg

You can wrap them with paracord! It makes for a really light and comfortable handle plus it's fun to have any color knife you want. :cool:

The wrap is really easy to do. I'll do a tutorial on it, you just wrap cross the cords, wrap then repeat.

101-4_zpsfb41a611.jpg

102-3_zps459c4357.jpg

Sheath - multi position teklok compatible with removable hardware - made from lightweight and slim .060" kydex

113-2_zps6912b363.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet! I assume these come with kydex pancake sheaths???

Just one thing... I think someone else has used carbides on their knives before.. same with that stonewashing magic stuff... I'll look into it to make sure you won't be sued.

edit: I think you screwed up too... they are ground on both sides... how much extra will it be for just chisel grind versions? ;E

Maaaaaaaaaan..... If I was not a cheap ass knifemaker I would be all over these Daniel. You have knocked 'em out of the park!

But these go to eleven!!!

Yep, Kydex is included, it has a "taco" style wrap around sheath. The sheath has removable hardware for ease of cleaning and is teklok compatible in multi positions.

It is a chisel grind but has a bevel on the opposite side of the main grind for versatility and ease of sharpening. They are just about the easiest knife ever to sharpen.

It's hard to see but the grind kind of fades into the knife for strength and more, the grip area of the handle is still full thickness and transitions quickly to a sharpened edge. There is no tough to get to transtion because of the back bevel. This also makes them left or right hand friendly!

Sales thread link coming here in a minute! I'm going to see if there is enough light left for kydex pics.

Did I miss the price?
Hell either way put me down for one! Please
They look awesome!!!

Did I miss the price?
Hell either way put me down for one! Please
They look awesome!!!

$125 shipped

Thanks! Look out for the link here in a second or go to fixed blades for sale... any second now.

Want!!! Want!!! Want!!!

Look out for the sales thread in a few minutes! It will be over in fixed blades by maker for sale - I'll post a link

I have an old school backpacker, probably one of the first ones made. Titanium, chisel-ground, swedged, carbidized, just like the Vikings used to make them, and this was found on a sunken Norse longboat off the coast of Colorado. As you can see, there is no rust despite being submerged for about 817 years. I made sure the paracord wrap was true to the color and technique used by those Scandinavian explorers, but the sheath isn't authentic. I tried to find the scrotal sac of the now-extinct orange mountain goat that was so plentiful back then, but was sadly wiped out by the migrating Chinese. The best I could do was orange kydex. Makes for a great fishing knife.

photobucket-25204-1340919559696.jpg

Nice rig, Gooey. Mine's going to be getting a vicious Oranging from stem to stern.

I'm afraid to stop hitting 'refresh' and walk home from work, lest the sales thread comes up and I get screwed...

By the way, nice job on killing Cookie Monster, there. The pelt makes a nice backdrop for knife pics. ;)

Last edited:
Almost there guys... :D

I just measured the blade and it is a bit under 2.5" long, a hair over 6cm.

Man, I'm as excited as a hound dog, the night before the big Ass-Sniffin' Contest.

Lol too funny Gooey. And Bako I didn't even notice gooey had slayed Cookie Monster till you mentioned it lol

I have an old school backpacker, probably one of the first ones made. Titanium, chisel-ground, swedged, carbidized, just like the Vikings used to make them, and this was found on a sunken Norse longboat off the coast of Colorado. As you can see, there is no rust despite being submerged for about 817 years. I made sure the paracord wrap was true to the color and technique used by those Scandinavian explorers, but the sheath isn't authentic. I tried to find the scrotal sac of the now-extinct orange mountain goat that was so plentiful back then, but was sadly wiped out by the migrating Chinese. The best I could do was orange kydex. Makes for a great fishing knife.

You guys are going to kill me I'm laughing so hard!

I do enjoy coastal Colorado! Right now I am saving up for some rare scrotal leather but am debating it after seeing your well tanned Cookie Monster pelt.

That may be the first backpacker ever made, I forget now. Zero grind! cool

Bako I didn't even notice gooey had slayed Cookie Monster till you mentioned it lol

I bet the sick bastard left the head on, too. Probably lets his kids play on it, even.
Just goes to show you- sometimes even Cookie Monster has to get whacked when he steps out of line.

Back