Titanium Backpacker!

PGeo00 that would be great! Thanks for your generosity. If it's ok with Daniel I can pay whoever and he can ship direct to me. Somebody let me know where to send the loot!

Email sent PG.

Not a problem. I let Daniel know I'm sharing one with you. You can pay him directly.
Enjoy it. I know I will enjoy mine :) Unfortunately, my first camping trip of the year is this Thurs - Sunday, so it will not accompany me this time.

Not a problem. I let Daniel know I'm sharing one with you. You can pay him directly.
Enjoy it. I know I will enjoy mine :) Unfortunately, my first camping trip of the year is this Thurs - Sunday, so it will not accompany me this time.

Thank you so very much! It will get used in the woods for sure. Heck I'm going to plan a trip to celebrate complete with some Sierra Nevada.

Daniel I'll wait to hear from you. If you would email me through the forum that would be great.

PGeo00 thats a great thing you did for mr.badexample. It's good to know there are still some good people and alot of them seem to be on this forum.
My hats off to ya!

I just got home from work and checked this thread and was bummed to see they were sold out. Keep us posted on a second run, please.

Pgeo00, that was *pure* class, man. Only here!

Plus, I know some poo-flinging Flying Retard Monkeys who didn't have *nearly* as much fun over in their favorite knife maker's forum tonight. An entire run, sold in 45 minutes! I have a feeling I'm going to be wearing holes up in the corners of more iPad screens pushing 'refresh' if this is any indication of Daniel's growing presence in the custom blade scene.

Hats off to DF for another outstanding product, yet again. I said it to Daniel in a personal email the day I received my first two DFKs, and I'll say it here on the forum-

I don't just enjoy having cool stuff. I take enormous pride in ownership from having examples of a Master Craftsman's work. Even though I've just rediscovered knives through stumbling on Daniel's work, the sheer quality of materials and worksmanship that just pours out of them was so immediately apparent, and is so gratifying to me, to the point where it actually makes me grin to handle and admire them- which I do sometimes in the course of actually working with one in the case of my 5160 'dashi!

I think perhaps that by owning an example of such beautiful worksmanship, we can in some way partake of the skill of the maker in a way that merely by watching Michael Jordan dunk a ball, or listening to Itzhak Perlman arpeggiate at 160bpm- no matter how thrilling- we cannot. The skill set is so many things from the flaking of stone by early hominids, to some of the most dazzling accomplishments of man like CNC manufacturing processes that by mankind's wits enable him to make more precise objects than his own hands can, by orders of magnitude. When I unwrapped my tsubamaki-gripped W2 Dashi, and saw the hamon, and felt the heft of it, the satisfaction was immediate. And it's only grown as I've owned it.

I plan on buying myself one of every single thing I can, that Daniel makes.

Consider yourselves warned. :D :D :D

Mr. BadEx, I grabbed two but it's okay with me if you want one of them. I only really need one right now.

Perhaps you should put a one knife per person per day limit on your offerings... just a thought.

I want to say thanks again for doing that, very cool!

I will be making as many as you guys want and keeping the price the same all year.

I'm actually grinding right now with my left hand as I type with the right.

I live in the middle of downtown Philly, and use mobile broadband since I move all day long for work. I need to be able to bust out my device (heh!) any time if my boss needs my input. So I don't also pay for a home connection. Usually I can stay connected with no problems, and get 10-20mbps consistent down. But sometimes, for whatever reason- nothing. Not a drop of data shall pass. Page loads stop partway through, IRC/IM connections suddenly notify you that you got kicked 2 minutes ago...it's annoying as hell sometimes, especially when sexting or otherwise communicating with my girlfriend. All of a sudden, I'm not answering- and you can imagine the what follows. :mad:

sexting, lmao!!! I had the entire sales thread written up, posted it and my internet went down! Lol I retyped it really fast.

PGeo00 that would be great! Thanks for your generosity. If it's ok with Daniel I can pay whoever and he can ship direct to me. Somebody let me know where to send the loot!

Email sent PG.

Thanks again! Good hearing from you.

Day late and a dollar short! Was really wanting to get in on these. Those who scored congrats, and my wallet thanks you. Next run I'll be ready. Maybe in Damascus?

I'm going to be working hard to rock out more of these so you guys can get them! :cool:

Thanks again! :D

PGeo00 thats a great thing you did for mr.badexample. It's good to know there are still some good people and alot of them seem to be on this forum.
My hats off to ya!

That's the truth! The knives are my passion but only because of you guys!

I used to make and sell jewelry for a living. I got to prospect for rare stone all summer every day and cut and sell them the rest of the year. I was lucky enough to work with top people in the field and find some rare materials. I really enjoyed everything about it... except the people. I just didn't like the whole scene. The knife community and especially the people I have met are just the best! That is really why I do it.

I just got home from work and checked this thread and was bummed to see they were sold out. Keep us posted on a second run, please.

Will do, I'm making more for sure!

Beautifull knife, simple and elegant. Congratulations

I really appreciate hearing that!

A while back Gooeytek told me about your work and I have been a huge fan ever since. Your original designs look very functional and I really like your style!

Pgeo00, that was *pure* class, man. Only here!

An entire run, sold in 45 minutes! I have a feeling I'm going to be wearing holes up in the corners of more iPad screens pushing 'refresh' if this is any indication of Daniel's growing presence in the custom blade scene.

Hats off to DF for another outstanding product, yet again. I said it to Daniel in a personal email the day I received my first two DFKs, and I'll say it here on the forum-

I don't just enjoy having cool stuff. I take enormous pride in ownership from having examples of a Master Craftsman's work. Even though I've just rediscovered knives through stumbling on Daniel's work, the sheer quality of materials and worksmanship that just pours out of them was so immediately apparent, and is so gratifying to me, to the point where it actually makes me grin to handle and admire them- which I do sometimes in the course of actually working with one in the case of my 5160 'dashi!

I think perhaps that by owning an example of such beautiful worksmanship, we can in some way partake of the skill of the maker in a way that merely by watching Michael Jordan dunk a ball, or listening to Itzhak Perlman arpeggiate at 160bpm- no matter how thrilling- we cannot. The skill set is so many things from the flaking of stone by early hominids, to some of the most dazzling accomplishments of man like CNC manufacturing processes that by mankind's wits enable him to make more precise objects than his own hands can, by orders of magnitude. When I unwrapped my tsubamaki-gripped W2 Dashi, and saw the hamon, and felt the heft of it, the satisfaction was immediate. And it's only grown as I've owned it.

I plan on buying myself one of every single thing I can, that Daniel makes.

Consider yourselves warned. :D :D :D

I had to bold that one part! I have to admit that makes me happy. Today is my daughter Jade's first birthday and I decided to take the day off... thanks guys!

And thanks! I really appreciate hearing that! I am happy that everything is coming together for a big year! I just celebrated the end of my second year knifemaking about a week ago and I hope the third is even better!

Scroll up to post $45. :)

I saw that! :D :D :D

Hey Daniel
I was wondering how many feet of paracord (roughly) would it take to wrap the handle on a backpacker?
I was going to get some from a buddy and don't really see the need to buy a 50 foot bundle.
Thanks!
-Stig

Hey Daniel
I was wondering how many feet of paracord (roughly) would it take to wrap the handle on a backpacker?
I was going to get some from a buddy and don't really see the need to buy a 50 foot bundle.
Thanks!
-Stig

I'd get 5 or 6 feet. I think it took four and a half feet. Pull the wrap pretty tight but just with your hands so the wrap will stay in place. Some cord will stretch more than others.

I'll do that tutorial soon, my camera just broke and I am getting a new one ASAP.

I'll throw in some Mil Spec OD Green 550 cord with each one along with the certificate of authenticity and my card... look for a plastic bag.

I always forget to mention this but I usually do that for any knife that might need it.

I'd get 5 or 6 feet. I think it took four and a half feet. Pull the wrap pretty tight but just with your hands so the wrap will stay in place. Some cord will stretch more than others.

I'll do that tutorial soon, my camera just broke and I am getting a new one ASAP.

I'll throw in some Mil Spec OD Green 550 cord with each one along with the certificate of authenticity and my card... look for a plastic bag.

I always forget to mention this but I usually do that for any knife that might need it.

That would be great! I was thinking around 5 feet,but thought i would ask just to be safe.

It's nice to have someone respond to a question so quickly.
Thanks again.

Ak also If you want a fuller feeling leave the paracord as is, but if you want a tighter and slimmer profile, pull out the guys of the paracord before wrapping it. Just so you guys know I keep my ti bottle opener as a neck knife when I'm running or on my road bike. Being ti I don't have to worry about rust. That's why I bought 2 back packers, one for my mountain bike rig, and the other stay on me for exercise and motor cycle adventures.

Ak also If you want a fuller feeling leave the paracord as is, but if you want a tighter and slimmer profile, pull out the guys of the paracord before wrapping it. Just so you guys know I keep my ti bottle opener as a neck knife when I'm running or on my road bike. Being ti I don't have to worry about rust. That's why I bought 2 back packers, one for my mountain bike rig, and the other stay on me for exercise and motor cycle adventures.

Plus the gutted cord looks cool!

Zero Rust! No matter what... it still amazes me. I lived on the water and even my SAK rusted.

Back