Titanium PENCIL [not pen yet] Part II

this made me think of elementary school days, when we had pencil fights: who could whip their pencil hard enough to break someone else's pencil. with this, i'd be a champ!

an idea for the scribe, going off of someones PDA Stylus idea:

would it be possible to coat the tip with plastic, so that it won't scratch a PDA screen? if done right, it could also help protect someones pocket or an accidental light scratch or puncture wound. at the same time, the plastic tip would just be a *coating* over the Ti point, so it can still be thrust into a target.

also, i like the straw idea :)

also, for the pen, if you guys can put together a prototype, try approaching Cross, Columbia or another high-end pen company with it.

damn, now i'm coming up with (probably infeasable) ideas for how to go about making a pen :) 2 parts, threaded, the pointy end hollowed out through the end, and some sort of foam or rubber for a standard ink cartridge to be slid in and held securely: no rattling.

The Titanium Stylus James is making is not pointy and is already rounded off properly. No need to modify! Ha!

Just a quick note to say that I have received my two Ti Pencils from James this afternoon. This is very sweet stuff folks. Again, like all JSP products, these pencils are PERFECT for what they are intended for. I'm going to "play" with these babies for awhile, and then I'll post a mini review in a couple of weeks. But for now, if you haven't ordered yet, then go ahead and do it. More later...

A big 10-4 to what MrG said! Just got my Ti-Stylus and Ti-Pencil today and I'm very glad I didn't miss out on these. Thanks to Don for encouraging this project along.
Stay Safe,
Clyde

Gigante,
I called and ordered mine from James@BladeRigger. I have also seen the stylus, pencil and straw on Triple Aught's site.
Stay Safe,
Clyde

Back