Triple Play

DSC00710-vi.jpg

Whoa, are those classy. Did they come out within a relatively short time frame, or over a longer period of time...? [I'm just curious how common(?) that striking combination of bocote and bolster is....]

Well, would you look at that. Esquires, so great. :cool:

... If all goes well, this will be the only time in my life I have just three Fiddleback knives, so here they are:

IMG_0004.jpg~original

hapydancsmil.gif~original

~ P.

Thanks Vance, Warrior, and P.

Whoa, are those classy. Did they come out within a relatively short time frame, or over a longer period of time...? [I'm just curious how common(?) that striking combination of bocote and bolster is....]

~ P.

The timeframe was around a year. Bocote is one of my favorite woods for handles. I have a Kephart in Bocote and it has a warmth and depth about it that's nice. Add the OD bolster and you have a killer combo, IMO :D

Another reason this combo pops for me - no liners. The two pieces just blend together.

I guess it's a pretty rare combo, I know there are a few other pieces out there - but not many.

Glad y'all like em.

Preston

Thanks Vance, Warrior, and P.

The timeframe was around a year. Bocote is one of my favorite woods for handles. I have a Kephart in Bocote and it has a warmth and depth about it that's nice. Add the OD bolster and you have a killer combo, IMO :D

Another reason this combo pops for me - no liners. The two pieces just blend together.

I guess it's a pretty rare combo, I know there are a few other pieces out there - but not many.

Glad y'all like em.

Preston

There's one in the Flea Market.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...iddleback-Flea-Market?p=16620760#post16620760

Hmm? Pics?

my computer is acting crazy but if everything is as planned and keeping w/ the "TriplePlay" theme

3 x bolsters
3 x trinity pinout

top - Ladyfinger
middle - DPR
bottom - Bushcrafter

20170323_192123_zpsz0g8z8id.jpg

EDIT

so it did not

left - Bushcrafter
middle - DPR
right - Ladyfinger

my computer is acting crazy but if everything is as planned and keeping w/ the "TriplePlay" theme

3 x bolsters
3 x trinity pinout

top - Ladyfinger
middle - DPR
bottom - Bushcrafter

EDIT

so it did not

left - Bushcrafter
middle - DPR
right - Ladyfinger

Ooooo how tripley!!

3 x bolsters
3 x trinity pinout

top - Ladyfinger
middle - DPR
bottom - Bushcrafter

20170323_192123_zpsz0g8z8id.jpg

EDIT

so it did not

left - Bushcrafter
middle - DPR
right - Ladyfinger

Just wow.