UltraLight EDC - new knife design

Anyone have an idea on how this would work out carrying in the pocket and if so, could you link me to a site selling the proper sheath. This is all assuming if the knife receives good feedback to be made. Thanks again!

great idea...will have to think this one over....I don't think a wallet-sized pocket sheath would be any fun...would have to be a clip like the Graham Brothers use on their Pocket Razels...

great suggestion, though. :thumbup:

Anybody else have a suggestion for pocket carry?

Let's hear some more ideas. :thumbup:

im fond of in the waist band carry. a blade that is light weight like that would be a dream to carry without noticing.

Yea motorcycle, that is a great device. Never seen it before. I would definitely prefer that method. Thanks for the info!

ok guys, so i was surprised to find this lil guy on my porch today. i wasnt expecting it until tomorow (great job nimick).

first thoughts: holy crap is this thing light! which is freakin awsome! i love the feel of the knife in my hand, even if my hands do dwarf the knife considerably. i love the fibermascus thing, it really adds to the knife. it is very sturdy, even though the O1 is really thin. blade shape looks great to use for light work on just about anything. i would even use this in food prep. the finger grooves are a nice touch also.

my only complaints are 1. the sheath. i would prefere something like a MOLE system or something that i could carry it on my belt sideways in the back. this sheath is not that. and 2. the color. now i like the orange, it really is cool, but it just isnt my fav color. i would prefer a blue or even a jungle green. red would be cool also.

those are my thoughts. great job Dan. the more i experiance your work, the more i like it.

btw Dan, how much do you guess these would run? i ask cause if i dont win it in the passaround/lotto, i would definatly be interested in buying one.

As for a pocket sheet, I'd much prefer something with as minimal an exterior profile as possible. I was thinking of making something along the same lines as http://www.agrussell.com/knives/by_...woodswalker_in_leather_hip_pocket_sheath.html for the pocket FB I'm working on. Failing that, however, I'd suggest something like the sheath above, where the clip is disconnected from the sheath, or just riding EXTREMELY high on the sheath, so most/all of the handle is concealed inside the pocket.

Boy do I want one of those laminated knives!

Anybody else have a suggestion for pocket carry?

Let's hear some more ideas. :thumbup:

Correct me if i'm wrong, but the purpose of the knife is as light EDC and backup knife. Therefore, I feel that the method of carry should allow immediate access.

So, I think the best method of pocket carry would be to put a removable pocket clip mounted directly to the handle, ambi, of course, and use a kydex sheath made to hang in the pocket upon drawing.

That way, the only thing visible from outside the pocket is a clip, much like a folder. And having the knife clipped to the pocket still allows quick access. The other methods mentioned use a clip on the sheath, but those scream knife too much, such as for those in uniformed law enforcement.

My .02...

Better send two if James Todd orders one! (Charge him double!) This might be a knife that I sneak away from him.... :)

I can't stop thinking about this knife since I saw it! It looks perfect. Ideally it would have a very small kydex sheath with maybe only two eyelets for attachment to a clip?

I have to say this is the greatest versions of that idea I've seen! I'm a sucker for orange and black too...

Might I ask; is the steel laminated at the same time the fibermascus is made, or layered in, in a second process?

G.

That's way cool !!!! I would like to see just a little more added on to the handle? If it was a little thicker it would give it better blade control and not add that much to the weight since it's carbon fiber & G10 . Just thinking out loud.... Like to see this one made!

Back