Victorinox Rambler Thread

Kudos to you, znapschat. That's the best way to get people to understand that these are useful tools rather than "deadly weapons".

Your motto should be, "Converting sheeple one at a time". Well done! :D

Thanks for the props. I believe if you want to adjust an attitude, supply the necessaries and let the recipient find for him/herself the benefits. That works way better than a lecture, and if you connect right, maybe gains an ally. I wish all the problems of the world were as easy to fix :) . Or any of them :( .

I've carried a gray Rambler for a few years before recently setting it aside for a gray Minichamp.

Rambler still wins for the best minimalist tool in Victorinox's lineup.

I prefer the Manager to the Rambler. With the Manager, you lose the toothpick, and gain a pen. I don't think I have ever used the toothpick on a SAK, but I use the pen frequently. That's just me.

As for costing more than the Classic, if you amortize the cost increase over the life of the Rambler/Manager, it may be a dollar per year - if that. Very much worth it from my perspective.

edc_zpsa835e011.jpg

Victorinox Manager.

My Manager (BSA version) came with a choice of toothpick or tweezer, both included in the box. In decades of carrying SAKs, I have seldom needed the tiny tweezer but occasionally use the toothpick, so that's my choice for carry. However, I have the tweezer stashed in case I change my mind.

TSA recently took my Alox rambler. A bummer because I had bought a set and gave one to my dad. Oh well, my fault for leaving in my backpack carry on. Anyway the Rambler is one of those knives/mini tools that I feel like I can't be without and I'm searching for another one. I probably will go with plastic scales this time and I may buy a used one. That tiny Phillips driver has come in handy too many times for me to go on without it! I love the Rambler!

Dang, sorry for your loss, gotta love the TSA keeping everyone safe from tiny swiss army knives. I love that little phillips driver, especially around Christmas when I can help put batteries in all my little cousins toys that much sooner. Their parents love me.

Ha! I agree. Christmas morning is an outstanding time to be equipped with a Rambler!
Dang, sorry for your loss, gotta love the TSA keeping everyone safe from tiny swiss army knives. I love that little phillips driver, especially around Christmas when I can help put batteries in all my little cousins toys that much sooner. Their parents love me.

Back