We were all new here once

I have to say that so far the community here has been good. Ive read some bad press about this forum so I was a bit skeptical, thats part of the reason for my confrontational message (also to see what the reactions would be like). It is true that other Forums im on are far smaller in scale, so I can kinda see reserving on-site image hosting for paying members due to data reasons. I still think that $30 is steep just for full forum access. I usually wait until a hundred messages or so before I make any donations to a forum, but well see. Thanks for being patient.

I agree with you about the price of admission. It's funny how as time goes by, internet services/cloud hosting has somewhat "leveled" the playing field somewhat by offering more robust services at dramatic savings compared to the earlier days of hosting and cloud services, however, you'd think this would translate to more manageable operating costs and economies of scale for forums such as this one. Over the years I have participated in far too many online forums and I've only ever paid for a subscription on two of them. One of those forums recently banned me after I exposed them for restricting my speech and their double standards of policy enforcement. I was happy to leave them. Blade Forums is one of the BEST online communities i've had the pleasure of participating in and while the membership costs are excessive (in my opinion), I can justify it somewhat in my mind because the folks here are great.

Great thread, I was a member here a long time ago and I can no longer access my account so had to start fresh today. I will attempt to use the search function and not be too annoying although I may have to start a lot of threads on how great the Spyderco Police is in terms of being about the best pocket knife you can get. Looking forward to the forum again.

Great thread, I was a member here a long time ago and I can no longer access my account so had to start fresh today. I will attempt to use the search function and not be too annoying although I may have to start a lot of threads on how great the Spyderco Police is in terms of being about the best pocket knife you can get. Looking forward to the forum again.
Welcome back to the madness. ;)

This happened to me too lol. I lurk more than I post on most forums so it happens 🤷‍♂️. I felt like I should swing by here and post something for post #1.

Been buying knives all my life, but never so frequently as I have since joining BF in 2018. But it's fun....
I never had such problems before the internet! I bought my first Benchmade because I wanted a high-quality 'special' folder. Then I looked for more information on it and discovered all sorts of other knives I 'had to have' - you guys talking up new steels and technology until I find myself broke.

Now I've discovered which ones I will actually use, and slowly divesting myself of the accumulation :) (which is also fun)

This has 100% been my experience here. Joined in Jan, and I think I am averaging better than one knife a month... I actively avoid coming here to save myself money 😂.

Greetings to all, newbie here too.
Been reading for a few weeks.
So far I own, CS SRK and Recon Tanto, Manix 2 G10, Kershaw Monitor, Civivi Sokoke and Civivi Brazen Tanto. Of course, more will be added…

Well, also freshly new here today, I hope to learn amap by following you guys silently without annoying that much. Tried some ANV, ZT, Boker, Benchmades. Actually 2 Laguioles (my first knives), 2 Benchmades, 1 Boker, 1 Fox, and 1 Kansept. More to come.

Back