What’s everyone listening to tonight?

Listening to the amazingly talented vocals of Lanie Gardner doing a couple of covers (Stevie Nicks & Ashley Monroe are a couple of my all-time favorite females vocalists, but this girl is right up there with these 2 IMO):

Dreams:

And Hell On Heels:

^^ Which led me down the proverbial rabbit hole.....and noticed this very intriguing side bar selection off to the right that I just had to click on. Love the high energy of these rocker hot rocker chicks!

Teddy Wilson Trio with Jo Jones on TV special International Hour — American Jazz, filmed at Chicago's Civic Opera House, May 20, 1963. And the question I've been asking myself is why wasn't I there?

October and November was opera season, and in 1962 and 1963 I was there four nights a week. Chicago's Lyric Opera used amateur ushers: you showed up two hours early with a suit, short haircut and no facial hair, and the more you showed up, the better the floor you got. The Civic Opera House has peculiar acoustics, the dress circle and boxes have the best sound. Trying to remember 60 years ago, I think I called in and was told that the International Hour would use Andy Frain.

So why didn't I buy a ticket? May 20, 1963, was Monday. I had two teachers who gave pop quizzes every Tuesday, and Monday night was for cramming. I was a 16 year-old Explorer Scout with a $50 suit from Robert Hall, and it didn't occur to me to play sick the next day. Being straight is bad for your mental development.

Last edited:
I was kickin it with a couple of my favorite homies last night, Jason Aldean & Mac Miller over a couple of ice cold IPA's

A blend of Jimmy Buffett, Van Morrison, and Zac Brown, plus some friends. Shame about Mac miller, looked like he had talent.

Shame about Mac miller, looked like he had talent.

THE BEST DAY EVER!

Mac Miller's death, was such a tragic, shame.

I don't want to derail this thread, but I think EVERYONE here, knows someone who is either battling addiction/lost their lives battling addiction. Mac Miller had anything and everything a person could ever dream for- fame, wealth and beautiful women, and he was a really funny & witty guy too. I had watched him on that show Ridiculousness, and he had me in tears.

There was this local surfer kid (RIP MTR) who I knew; who you'd thought had life by the balls- Loving very successful parents, 2 of the hottest young ladies on planet earth wanting to be his lady & and he was blessed with incredible athleticism/genetics (could've been a model)....yet he died tragically last year from a fentanyl OD. I think about him all the time, especially when I'm out in the water.... The sad tragic part is, this out of control epidemic is taking way too many young precious souls away from us....kids who have lost all hope in the insanity all around them just trying to make sense of of this crazy World......

After reading your comment, norcalAF, it made me go back and watch my all-time favorite Mac Miller video, and it just breaks my heart watching this now, knowing his demons got the better of him.

View attachment 2263673

Back