What’s everyone listening to tonight?

I love this guy, his voice, his passion! And the perfect setting- shot out in the boondocks on his private property, with just his 2 dogs laying beside him, deer stand in the background, with just his reverb guitar and a microphone.

I spent a couple/three hours 2 nights ago, watching people on YouTube reacting to this. His lyrics are powerful and resonate with so many people who are struggling to survive.... This song, and this man's pain, have brought so many people, to tears. His story and his open letter, is pretty amazing.

Love this remix that this rapper did putting his own emotionally powerful spin to Oliver Anthony's powerfully relatable song.

I love this guy, his voice, his passion! And the perfect setting- shot out in the boondocks on his private property, with just his 2 dogs laying beside him, deer stand in the background, with just his reverb guitar and a microphone.

I spent a couple/three hours 2 nights ago, watching people on YouTube reacting to this. His lyrics are powerful and resonate with so many people who are struggling to survive.... This song, and this man's pain, have brought so many people, to tears. His story and his open letter, is pretty amazing.

Three dogs

For the High Holidays, Moishe Oysher singing Hineni in a corny 1940 Yiddish movie Der Vilner Shtot Khazn (The Cantor of Vilnius). The Grand Synagogue of Vilnius was THE class room in the old Commonwealth of Poland and Lithuania, and this historical Kittel-ripper is set in the 1890s. The hero leaves Vilnius for Warsaw to sing opera for the money and the Polish groupies. He has qualms of conscience and suddenly loses his upper singing range (which happens in real life, cf. Victoria de los Ángeles) but magically recovers at the end and dies of a heart attack while singing Kol Nidre. Played by Moishe Oysher (the whole point of this kitsch), he has Moishe Oysher's remarkable voice. Moishe was a dramatic baritone with an unusually high vocal range. In the wold of opera, these guys are called heldentenors: Wagner created a dozen heldentenor roles (think Siegfried) and in each generation there are at most two or three who can sing them. So here you will see and hear Hineni sung by Moishe Oysher, heldencantor.

Btbm rocks. Enjoy everything Colors on for the most part. Saw em last year for the first time. At one time they were the only band Ieft on my must see list. Have since become a total Mastodon fan boy and need still need to catch em live, late bloomer 😛
View attachment 2043368

Old thread but Deric they are playing the colors album live on Dec 9th in Lancaster PA as part of the August Burns Red Christmas shows. I’m literally going to see Btbam and coming back home!!

Back