What did you use your multi-tool for today?

Today I used the metal file and philips screwdriver on my Leatherman to fix a door that wasn't closing right.

What about you?

I used a Gerber Clutch to change a pull chain light this morning. Went straight out and got a Leatherman Squirt PS4 to dismantle for the plier head. My Style CS is preparing itself for modding as we speak. Not happy with the Style CS or the PS so it's time to mod!

I have to tinker with the keychain multis until my Wave and Skeletool make it back from the Leatherman ( Wave was ancient and worn, Skele plier head snapped off) warranty dept. Hope they're fast.

Went out walking with my kids today. While they played a did a bit of whittling with my Sportsman, cleaned the knife (using the stick I whittled to get to the tough places) and filed my nails. Not exactly hard usage either.

I also put a tire tread knot lanyard on my Leatherman CS4. First time I've tied that knot. I like it!

Trimmed a zip tie with my Wave. Cut a piece of cardboard with the Wave to wedge under a door and then use to sand down the end of the stile which was rubbing on the door frame. Sandpaper on top of the cardboard and move the door over it if that makes sense (2 door jobs then Matt).

Oh, did a little work on some knives. Clean, sharpen and lubed my OHT, Tinker and my son's Leatherman e300.

Used my original Super Tool when I relocated the solenoid box for my Jeep's winch. Then later used it to get a light bulb out of the microwave. I seem to find something for it to pretty much everyday.
Bob

Used a Leatherman Kick and a red Vic farmer to replace the lightswitch pull chain thingie in the ceiling fan yesterday.

This morning, I handed my Vic Farmer to a coworker so that he could slice open a bag of powder mix for the coffee/cappuccino machine at the local watering hole/stop and rob after his Frost knife wouldn't cut the plastic. I had just stropped up everything I carry nice and fine last night while half watching tv.

I stood back and watched him apply too much pressure and the Farmer screamed through the plastic. He didn't cut himself but cappuccino powder went everywhere as he over cut into thin air.

"JEEEEZUSSS....you and your knives!!!!"

It pleased me. :D

Used my Leatherman Juice to take two gas struts off my Ford Explorer's rear window. Worked great. Unfortunately, I lost one of the pins that held one of the struts on. I can buy new struts, but they don't come with the pins. Arrrrgggh!!! Now I have to hunt down this silly little pin, which is probably a $.50 part, or should be, but I'll end up paying a lot more for it, I'm sure.

I used mine to turn some thumb screws on an outdoor light globe that was too rusted to turn by hand. Don't know of the brand, some Swiss Tech mini tool I got for Christmas. It was really the first time I used it, it seems ok. I am more of a knife guy and do not have a good multi-tool yet.

Was installing a new piston and cylinder to my moped. Used the pliers on my LM Blast to attach the circlips and replace a broken bolt and the flathead to attach the cylinder shroud and adjust the idle.

Last edited:
I used the knife on my wave to pack a few boxes. I also used the pliers to tighten a snap on my fiance's pants that kept popping open.

I am beginning restoration of an old Colonial Barlow. Used the SwissTool RS to gently pry the plastic/stamped metal scales off.

SwissToolRSwork.jpg

I used my Swisstool pliers to remove and re-install joining links on some roller chain, and used the screwdriver to tighten some machine screws

I used my Victoriniox XAVT to cut the plastic band holding together a bunch of hair bands I bought at a Forever 21.

If that's not manly, I don't what is. :D

Used my Leatherman today to tighten a door latch, open some mail and pop off a child-proof doodad on a lighter.

It wasn't today, it was a month or two ago, but I used the large screwdriver on my Victorinox CyberTool 34 to change a light switch in my mom's bathroom.

228f57fe.jpg

Back