What have you done with your Hinderer TODAY....

I'm with ya, the 3.5" is a very substantial knife. The 3" is no slouch either. For as small as it feels compared to the 3.5", it certainly can hold its own. I still never even held a 24, I imagine it's pretty confidence inspiring.

I've handed my trusty all bronze 24 to many and it's always interesting the conversations that follow.

Shorts on the ground...shorts on the ground...with no belt and a 24 onboard...shorts on the ground. :D

All joking and poor singing aside...that's a good looking XM-24 pebble remover.

N2K.......thank you for the complements on the pebble remover and for the song......trying to figure out the tune you would sing to.......and then imagining you doing it....:eek:

Traveling back from our family vacation in Hilton Head, SC at about 2:00 AM in the northbound lane on I 81 in Virginia a tractor trailer had peeled off his re-threaded tire ahead of me and the huge chunk went under my rental car and lodged itself under my car at 70 mph. As I pulled off the road I observed several other cars had struck this huge chunk of tire and also sustained damage to their vehicles. As I pulled over I could see in my rear view mirror the right rear bumper had twisted partially off my van. Choices were try to get a tow truck and find lodging for the night or cut the damaged piece off and finish the trip.

My XM 18 sliced through the heavy dangling bumper plastic and allowed us to completed our overnight adventure. As I was surveying the damage to my vehicle my HDS flashlight provided the lumination. This why I EDC my XM 18 and HDS, great tools when needed. As a side note another motorist who pulled over because of damage to his car watched me preform roadside surgery and was in awe as my XM effortlessly took care of business.

ccdc3fa5327595193302b028859e927d.jpg

b8c507d104b306f735e4a2a33f568228.jpg

deb05143e567de4a1d624d80d0ec7acc.jpg

Glade no one was hurt, that was a close call at 70 mph, damn retreads litter the whole highway, I wonder how many accidents they cause?

Holy crap Joe! I'm glad that no one was hurt. I edc both of those items as well. I hope I never have to use them in a situation like that. 81 is a scary road especially in the winter. When my wife and I were dating she lived in Brooklyn and I lived in Syracuse. I drove there every weekend for an entire year. I saw some serious accidents on that road.

Glad you made it out alive Joe... Sounds like its a scary road!!! Good thing you carry quality items to take care of shit like that

Thank God F.O. that could have gone very much worse than it did. Also glad you had the best/right tools at the ready for a quick and safe remedy.
Whew!

Glad to hear all are safe and pocket tools came in handy. Also, as a rental vehicle, while not ideal, coulda been worse in many ways.

I've owned a few lowered / performance-height vehicles and even with the benefits of defensive driving skills that piloting these type vehicles provides...they are not very forgiving when you hit debris and wanna-be road kill. I know far too well what it costs to repair the lower bits on the front end of these type vehicles.

I hit an "alligator" (truck recap) at 70+ mph in my Mugen. Really a life threatening experience.
Thankfully my driving, the cars anti yaw technology and the Man above I survived.
Car didn't do so well, way to low and way too much aeroskirting. Tore the car and suspension all to hell.
Got rid of it the next day.

I was traveling behind a semi that had a large load of 12' long ~4"' channel steel on a four lane highway near dusk. Lo and behold, a few pieces of steel in the middle of the stack worked their way free and once they fell, the rest of the stack was following. There were steel sticks scattering all over the highway and every car following had no idea which way to go. I only managed to nail one (under car damage mostly) of them but there were something like 15 cars damaged,

I have had a flying loose retread slam my windshield once (boy was that loud and scary and shattered the windshield but no other damage).

I hit a huge raccoon once in my first car, took our my license plate and damaged my bumper. I thought I had hit a dog until I found the dead raccoon.

I was driving in the middle of a busy multi-lane highway pulling a boat when I saw a deer break from the right side to run across the highway. It didn't get far, a car just ahead of me and on my right nailed it and a whole bunch of blood and parts plastered my windshield. I had to very quickly use the washers to clear the windshield in order to change lanes and slow to pull over.

I was on a three lane highway in the middle lane behind a car that had a mattress tied to its roof. It came free, flew off and bounced in front of my car, cleared over my car and hit the car behind me. I had no where to go, there were cars on all sides. Pure luck, it was a little closer or a little further away, I would have hit it for certain.

Seems like y'all ( see what a week in the Deep South does to you) have all experienced some form of Interstate mayhem. But I tell y'all this tire carcass debris is extremely prevalent down south, my theory is because of the heat on the roads and ambient temperature the vulcanization of the retread to the old tire is broken down more rapidly sending this alley sweeper down the road. I think the practice of allowing trucking companies to take this cost cutting measures should be taken off the table for the overall safety of motorists.
BTW I 95 traffic, delays, and danger is worst, almost as bad as LA. Nothing like being home in Central Finger Lakes enjoying the heat relief and much less stress, now I need to take a vacation from my vacation, Adirondacks here I come.

Seems like y'all ( see what a week in the Deep South does to you) have all experienced some form of Interstate mayhem. But I tell y'all this tire carcass debris is extremely prevalent down south, my theory is because of the heat on the roads and ambient temperature the vulcanization of the retread to the old tire is broken down more rapidly sending this alley sweeper down the road.

Interesting theory, no idea if it is sound. I will say that in a 450 mile trip to upper Michigan a week ago, I saw an untold number of shed retreads along the way.

I think the practice of allowing trucking companies to take this cost cutting measures should be taken off the table for the overall safety of motorists.

Agreed.

I live in FL and have hit a couple of "road gators" on Interstate trips at night... At 70mph they come up on you pretty quickly!

Received my 1st XM-18 a few days ago, the cf frag scale arrived today so out with the old and in with the new. Kinda matches the VZ grips on my 10mm :cool:
DE10mmandXM-18.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

^^^^^^^blackz28........gorgeous XM.......fantastic combo........

OK......Wharnie Test #3.........Hinderer vs. Strawberry.......(had to clean the XM before the pic.......it looked a tad indecent.......)

Back