What Will $100 Get You?

Would it be a little more with the the 4 inch handle And three inch blade?

I want some opinions, I like the 4 inch handle, but what about a 2.5 inch blade or just under 3 inches? Any advantages to keeping it under 3 inches? More control? I am so close to pulling the trigger in the Blue Gill.

I want some opinions, I like the 4 inch handle, but what about a 2.5 inch blade or just under 3 inches? Any advantages to keeping it under 3 inches? More control? I am so close to pulling the trigger in the Blue Gill.
Look at the pictures of the Deluxe Hurley Creek jds1 just posted, it has a 4” handle and 2 3/4” blade.

61AMm2b.jpg

Jeff

How are you going to carry it? Pocket or hip? For me, the expected use really dictates what size the knife will be. When not at work, I have really been enjoying carrying a hunter (7 inches overall). It's just right on the hip, but a little large in the pocket. Doable, but not as comfortable as a small folder. I ordered a blue gill to do more small stuff to see if it can replace my folding knife. I'll find out later this year if that is possible....

All that said, I am learning that the pocket sheath plays a big part in the comfort of a fixed blade in the pocket. I hear Simplejack can make a perfect pocket slip! Having the sheath fill out the pocket to keep the knife where you want it seems like the key.

John, I’m going to take one of each if this deal still stands.
I’ll follow up with an email.

Back