What's happening in the David Mary Custom shop?

IMG-6295.jpg

Cool pic!

Looking through a proper filter, this was the eclipse at or near its peak for us with a slender crescent. Carefully pointing my camera phone at the sun for the first time ever, it seemed a bit confused...

wNC6bOl.jpeg

Cool pic!

Looking through a proper filter, this was the eclipse at or near its peak for us with a slender crescent. Carefully pointing my camera phone at the sun for the first time ever, it seemed a bit confused...

wNC6bOl.jpeg

Partial eclipse in Colorado picture by me. Total eclipse pic by my wife, taken in Texas while she camps with her friends... (click on pics for closeups)

KI3K5Lg.jpeg

egmKZQE.jpeg

some things happening in the shop. Pics in a separate post because I hate how the software always wants to put the pics before the text even if I specifically place the cursor below the text

Hands up if your knife maker seems to get more done when he's not constantly tending to a fire in the woodstove at home and at the shop

From left to right, “bark texture” test pieces numbers 1, 2, and 3.

IMG-6326.jpg

The first two I used a round bit but three I used a tapered pointy bit and also decided on continuous grooves instead of punctuated ones and I like it the best.

An extremely talented bladeforums craftsman makes handles like this and I asked him how he does it and he was very quick to share his technique. Let’s just call him Bill.

Back