What's happening in the David Mary Custom shop?

Why don’t I bark texture your new Prevail DocJekl DocJekl ?

I think I want my "fancy pants" knife to stay as smooth as a baby's butt, while my heavier "work" knives should have something like a "bark" texture. I want to be able to (without any innuendo here) handle, finger or fondle my Prevail like a worry stone or fidget toy to sooth my nerves.

I think I want my "fancy pants" knife to stay as smooth as a baby's butt, while my heavier "work" knives should have something like a "bark" texture. I want to be able to (without any innuendo here) handle, finger or fondle my Prevail like a worry stone or fidget toy to sooth my nerves.
The term used over in the traditional sub forum is "chicken eye and coon finger".

Nice try!

Actually the shaving will be joining that strip of annealed 8670 in the “machined” slot that I put in as an afterthought once the tang frame was already glued to the outer scale. I realized that I would benefit from a few extra ounces of weight in the handle.

So it will be a glue/filing slurry and just a bit more weight.

Welcome to David Mary custom, where the ideas are weird, and sometimes a bit late, but they somehow end up working.

image.jpg

Remember Astroboy? At the end of the show he’d recap the episode’s story with a mistake but ask you to find the incorrect detail. How on earth I remember a show from my single digits I’m not really sure.

Silver hawks. Sounds like the band you start when you turn fifty five…. I’m not there yet lol

True, apparently. As I have since that post spent more time on it with 120 and then scotchbrite belts even causing one to explode on the grinder.

In other news, my cat is probably looking up apartments in the classifieds by now so I better actually get back there and give him a bowl of something to stay home for. I’ve done enough for today.

IMG-6356.jpg

A day of hand sanding and these are almost done. Hope is tomorrow makers marks and sheaths and Friday ship.

73449272928-56007-CEF-0-F88-42-FA-BFE9-1-F01-D0-C472-B7.jpg

This is an out of date pic. I refined the handle some more after this.
8333329-D-553-E-43-CC-A654-B11-D64-EB59-CD.jpg

Back