Votes: 20 22.5%
  • I didn't know there was more than one

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • 31 because Im new and don't know any better

Votes: 12 13.5%
  • The guys that pick the 31 have never touched a 21

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
I've had and have them all , and if it were just keep one , it would be the large "P" .. It's just so iconic and functional!The way they polished those blade is beautiful! Bart
If I had to get rid of my Sebenza collection and only keep one...P it is.

1. Bladesteel
2. Ceramic lock up
3. Better detent
4. Canted clip
1. Bladesteel- created by another
2. Ceramic lock up-Dad
3. Better detent-really?
4. Canted clip-Dad

Tim is a genius?

Tim’s a good guy and he’s doing a great job working with Mom to keep the company going.

For CRK to continue to be relevant in today’s wiz-bang pocket rockets with mood crystal inserts and Starwars paint jobs market they will have to hire design work done for anything new ( impinda?). Without that Tim is just living off dads designs and there can’t be a bunch of longevity in that.

1. Bladesteel- created by another so? he put it on the sebbie
2. Ceramic lock up-Dad so? he put it on the sebbie
3. Better detent-really? oh yes baby!
4. Canted clip-Dad So? he put it on the sebbie

Tim is a genius?

Tim’s a good guy and he’s doing a great job working with Mom to keep the company going.

For CRK to continue to be relevant in today’s wiz-bang pocket rockets with mood crystal inserts and Starwars paint jobs market they will have to hire design work done for anything new ( impinda?). Without that Tim is just living off dads designs and there can’t be a bunch of longevity in that.

Still 4 major upgrades on the 31.

I voted for them all. I haven’t handled a classic, and my 31 is more finicky than my 21 was, but once I got it dialed in, it’s about as good as it gets! I can only imagine the action on my 31 once I carry it for a decade and those bronze washers polish up nicely…

Still 4 major upgrades on the 31.

Heat treated stop pin.
LOL the hardened stop pin? Really? Wow the marketing is very effective. The stop pin was hardened as a defensive warranty measure to stop mouth breathers from wrist flipping the Sebenza like it was some hunk of junk hardware store knife.

How does a harder stop pin help you?

LOL the hardened stop pin? Really? Wow the marketing is very effective. The stop pin was hardened as a defensive warranty measure to stop mouth breathers from wrist flipping the Sebenza like it was some hunk of junk hardware store knife.

Never flicked my 21 sebbies.

Yet every time I take one down, there is a little flat spot on the pin sleve where the blade tang hits opening the knife.

Not sayin it is a big problem, but with the 31 it's gone!

I like them all, had a Classic or two, moved them along like an idiot, but you can’t keep them all. I’m partial to the Umnumzaan and 25. Fell in love with the Mnandi, and find it’s carried more than I’d ever thought. I really don’t care for small knives. Obviously, I’ve got more 21’s than anything else and haven’t had the desire to replace/acquire a bunch of 31’s. The few that I have, I like and use.
I would be hard pressed to just pick out one. What I’ve noticed with me is that they all feel the same.

As long as we've had Sebenzas and the internet, there have been discussions about lock up percentage, lock wear, witness marks, stop pin replacements, and flicking or not flicking. The 31 ends the whole debate with the ceramic lock face in concert with the hardened pin.

Does that matter? Depends on what one values in a folding knife. I think objectively it means the 31 has a potentially longer service life, all other things being equal. Will any of us live long enough for the dstinction to matter? Couldn't say, but it still gives me the fizz.

Back