Votes: 20 23.0%
  • I didn't know there was more than one

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • 31 because Im new and don't know any better

Votes: 11 12.6%
  • The guys that pick the 31 have never touched a 21

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
Definitely the Regular Annuals. Only ever had one personally, but definitely my fav. And Kettleman, as often as we agree on knife stuff, I am the opposite on the 25 - it is the only CRK I've ever owned that IMHO was a design mistake. Never could under stand (maybe "wonderstand" should be a word) what the thought process was with that stop pin. That alone makes it inferior to the Large Inkosi.

One from my past and another top 5 of my biggest selling fubars:
sj0Wj9Ph.jpg

1IFUE8Dh.jpg

6JmjIWah.jpg

2jyxzkeh.jpg

PVfMgUAh.jpg

Definitely the Regular Annuals. Only ever had one personally, but definitely my fav. And Kettleman, as often as we agree on knife stuff, I am the opposite on the 25 - it is the only CRK I've ever owned that IMHO was a design mistake. Never could under stand (maybe "wonderstand" should be a word) what the thought process was with that stop pin. That alone makes it inferior to the Large Inkosi.

One from my past and another top 5 of my biggest selling
I do not disagree with you on the stop pin. I also don’t like the tab on the washers. I think Chris Reeve saw these and knew the Inkosi had to happen to correct these things.

One from my past and another top 5 of my biggest selling fubars:
sj0Wj9Ph.jpg

1IFUE8Dh.jpg

6JmjIWah.jpg

2jyxzkeh.jpg

PVfMgUAh.jpg
I need one of these in my life. I’ve never seen one for sale so it may never happen but I can hope right!? Haha

Of course it is. I just don’t think its an improvement over the 21.Doesnt make it a bad knife at all, just not a better knife.

U and me(at least) are gonna have to politely agree to disagree on that one. 🤓

Any surprises on the polling? The 21 appropriately got lots of love. I'm curious how the numbers would be different if "I love them all" was not an option. Everyone has to choose.

Any surprises on the polling? The 21 appropriately got lots of love. I'm curious how the numbers would be different if "I love them all" was not an option. Everyone has to choose.
I expected the 21 to run away with it honestly. I do wish I hadn't added " humor" about the 31. I hope no one passed because of it. I was really just trying to be funny.

Reactions: 353
The 31 is very finicky. The week I got mine, ALL of the screws were backing themselves out, the action sucked badly, there was lock rock, and the blade wasn’t perfectly centered. I took it apart 6-7 times, relubed, and one of those times, the blade centering fixed itself. Action is getting better. No more lock rock. Screws aren’t backing out anymore.

Does this make sense? No. Do I like it now? Yes!

Reactions: 353
The 31 is very finicky. The week I got mine, ALL of the screws were backing themselves out, the action sucked badly, there was lock rock, and the blade wasn’t perfectly centered. I took it apart 6-7 times, relubed, and one of those times, the blade centering fixed itself. Action is getting better. No more lock rock. Screws aren’t backing out anymore.

Does this make sense? No. Do I like it now? Yes!

From my experience I needed to crank the screws some extra due to the added hard vibration of the new ceramic lock action; it's a pretty powerfull click on the 31.

This also caused some stiff action n took som extra time to break in.

But just like u; A-OK now.

I voted 31. I had a small 21 for a while, never really bonded with it. Might have liked it more if it was a PJ, but in all honesty... That hole in the show side scale always drove me nuts.

I realize that the older ones are more sebenza-y, but I really enjoy both the large and small 31...

If I had to ditch all my CRKs but one though, it would be my mnandi. Not only is it a superb knife, my particular example is a reminder of the generosity of the folks and all the friends I've made here.

Back