What's your favorite Swiss army knife? POLL!

What's your favorite Swiss army knife?

• Other Victorinox model (please specify in your reply)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other Wenger model (please specify in your reply)

• Victorinox Cadet

• Victorinox Camper

• Victorinox Classic SD

• Victorinox Climber

• Victorinox Hiker

• Victorinox One Hand Trekker

• Victorinox Soldier (111mm)

• Victorinox (91mm alox)

• Victorinox Spartan

• Victorinox SwissChamp

• Victorinox Tinker

• What's a Swiss army knife?

• Total voters
Many on the list were, in their time, among my favorites, but are now seldom used. These days, after having been introduced to it as the result of winning a drawing for a Soldier 08, the OH Trekker has become my current favorite. Unsure what I intended to do with the inscribed-blade prize, I only handled it for general feel, but borrowed a friend's OHT for a working tool review, since they are functionally the same (New Soldier has a somewhat better grip.) It fit my needs so well I just had to have one of my own, and it has remained my favorite SAK ever since (still don't know what to do with the NS, which is at this time occupying the Shelf of Honor in my clothes closet :eek: .) I could have opted for a regular production NS, but the OHT was cheaper and had toothpick and tweezers (which I rarely use, but hey.) This has a lot to do with changes in my life style since the time a Swisschamp was my only SAK for close to a decade, and I still tuck a Rambler into my jeans watch pocket as a complement to Leathermen. However, when I head out for work or recreation, the OHT is my first choice. I just love this SAK.

I voted for the huntsman but it is actually a toss up between the huntsman and fieldmaster. I really can't decide which one I like better. Either way the perfect sak imho.
Jim

Vic Huntsman is my favourite and is always with me when hiking. It would be perfect if it had a Philips screwdriver in place of the corkscew.

whatsaswissarmyknife.jpg

Trigcure! :eek: Quick, read this:

victorinox-history.jpg

http://www.swissarmy.com/TheCompany/Pages/thecompany.aspx

...and this...

http://www.wengerna.com/content1039

gotta be my swisschamp-carry it everyday in a victorinox black basketweave sheath with sharpening steel--:thumbup:

My favorites are the Pioneer Harvester and the Pioneer Pruner. The pruner fits all my needs at work as I also carry a Leatherman Supertool. I like the Harvester because it reminds me of my first pocket knife - a Camp King Scout knife - and every now and then I need the saw.

These are my fab 5. They are not on the list.

2 Alox money clips.

Champion Plus

Ranger Plus

Explorer Plus

DSC08282.jpg

:D:thumbup:

For me it has always been my Vic Woodsman, the production version. Main blade and saw with Alox scales. I have one at home, my EDC version was made by Scibeer, and it adds an awl to round it out. Ultra-thin, has all I need on it. Love it.

The Alox Lumberjack by +B is a rocking 84mm, but just a tad on the small size, and the Safari Pathfinder just a tad large.

I carry a Huntsman a lot too, but it seems so damn bulky.

One handed Trekker for me; love the locking tools.

I have a Rescue model as well that I received as a gift. The stout flat blade screwdriver/prybar is nice on that one, but I find the regular saw and can opener on the Trekker more useful than the window punch and glass saw on the Rescue.

I have some favorites, a Rambler, a modified alox climber by Scibeer, but this Pioneer is special and is my all time favorite. It was a present from my dad 30+ years ago and I created the wear and tear myself.

IMG_4238-1-1.jpg

Classic. Or Executive. I like the Classic because it's small and easy to carry. I like the Executive because it's larger than the Classic and easier to manipulate if you're feeling clumsy, plus it's got an extra blade, but it's smaller and less bulky than the 91mm SAKs. I haven't used that orange peeler yet, though.

Looks like the Farmer is going to win. I voted the alox Soldier, but during the camping trip in this years summer holiday, the Farmer will be in the pocket.

Back