Who else EDCs a fixedblade?

I have tried before, but I just haven't found the right methodology yet. I'm an office-drone, and while I can carry large folders with no issue, something visible on a belt would probably raise some eyebrows. I actually have several EDC sized fixed blades, so I'm always trying again every couple of months.

So, coming back to update (since I posted in this thread like 2016, and it turns out that my bud palonej palonej was correct all along. It just took finding the correct fixed blades that worked.

These two have been carried virtually every day. The Bradford G3 since I picked it up in June, and the Work Tuff Nomad since I received it as an early Christmas gift in mid December. I live in a state where open belt carry is allowed, and on days where it's covered by my shirt, my CCL picks up the slack there. It was just a case of finding what worked for me, I love both of these. It's been quite the turnaround from years past where I tried and it just never clicked. Now they do:

TUQSJm8.jpg

Edited to add: don't mind the Nomad, it's got a weird stone wash finish that doesn't photograph well, plus it did a lot of work over the New Year's holiday when I spent some time out in the woods!

So, coming back to update (since I posted in this thread like 2016, and it turns out that my bud palonej palonej was correct all along. It just took finding the correct fixed blades that worked.

These two have been carried virtually every day. The Bradford G3 since I picked it up in June, and the Work Tuff Nomad since I received it as an early Christmas gift in mid December. I live in a state where open belt carry is allowed, and on days where it's covered by my shirt, my CCL picks up the slack there. It was just a case of finding what worked for me, I love both of these. It's been quite the turnaround from years past where I tried and it just never clicked. Now they do:

TUQSJm8.jpg

Edited to add: don't mind the Nomad, it's got a weird stone wash finish that doesn't photograph well, plus it did a lot of work over the New Year's holiday when I spent some time out in the woods!

Toldya!!!!!
🤣🤣

Carried a Cold Steel AD-10 for a good while. Love the knife, but it would get very dirty quickly and wouldn’t open or close reliably. I’m a Machine operator and deal with dirt, asphalt and concrete on a daily basis. I get pretty gritty by the end of the day and so does my knife. I needed a quality, well made and tough relatively light fixed blade for daily carry. Something that was always reliable and ready when I need it. Settled on a TOPS Fieldcraft 3.5. View attachment 2037840

Carried a Cold Steel AD-10 for a good while. Love the knife, but it would get very dirty quickly and wouldn’t open or close reliably. I’m a Machine operator and deal with dirt, asphalt and concrete on a daily basis. I get pretty gritty by the end of the day and so does my knife. I needed a quality, well made and tough relatively light fixed blade for daily carry. Something that was always reliable and ready when I need it. Settled on a TOPS Fieldcraft 3.5. View attachment 2037840
Solid choice....

I have a few fixes blades that, one of which, is on me every day. Bradford 3.5 in MagnaCut, Tactical Everyday Dad Grizzlar in MagnaCut, a David Mary Street Beat tribute in LC200N, and a couple of BGM small fixed blades in MagnaCut. I also usually have my Swick 6 on me. I sweat a ton, so Magnacut and LC200N are great for corrosion resistance. Fixed blades just work and are reliable for edc.

Oooohhh, nice. I didn't know they made a short version. I'd have to dig it out, but I carried a fullsize B.O.B. as my woods knife for years and absolutely tortured that thing, it took everything I could throw at it. I even have the folding version. I'll definitely need to get that shorter version at some point!

Back