Who else EDCs a fixedblade?

Oooohhh, nice. I didn't know they made a short version. I'd have to dig it out, but I carried a fullsize B.O.B. as my woods knife for years and absolutely tortured that thing, it took everything I could throw at it. I even have the folding version. I'll definitely need to get that shorter version at some point!
Thanks! It’s great carry knife, pretty thick BTE as per usual with most Tops knives, but it cuts pretty well. Found it new for a little over $100 new OTD. 3.75” blade length with 3.5 actual cutting edge and a little over 5 ounces? I’ll take it.

Im trying it now with a crkt spec. Not the best choice for a first try. I have a griffin scout 2.5 coming tomorrow that im excited about. Need a stronger belt as well

I have a lot of knives from fancy to plain but I have settled on this very simple well done all purpose cutting tool

I have posted it a lot because it’s always with me. It’s a simple but very well done Wharnecliffe design from David Mirabile forged out of cable in a simple kydex wrapped in elephant hide sheath

it is worn horizontally cross-draw to facilitate either hand access. left hand draws icepick grip edge out right hand draws cross draw saber grip. knife is designed to facilitate a Filipino grip very well.

I use the knife constantly it is an excellent EDC it is basically a very well designed utility knife with a 3.5 inch blade with a steel that takes a toothy edge that cuts extremely aggressive. Though it has a fairly thin edge I have used it to cut through tough items like heavy zip ties etc and the edge never chips or deforms. It is relatively easy to keep a good edge on it. The handle is sculpted carbon fiber with a tapered tang with the scales are wrapped in carbon resin soaked ito with two copper pins

I have some great wharnie’s and Japanese inspired edc’s in this category but for some reason I wear this knife daily for years now so handling it has become second nature

Last edited:
Sweeeeet. Been looking into that exact knife for a while believe it or not. I dig it but have been “meh” due to the spine sticking out past the scales. I tend to hate that.

Now about those shoes…. Looks like they have hella patina forming on the toe caps, which I love. But I guess that’s for another thread.

It’s a hell of a knife! Mind sharing the specs?
Certainly! Per the manufacturer:

OAL: 7 5/8"
Edge: 3 3/8"
Steel Thickness: .180"
Steel: CPM154
Heat Treat: 61
Finish: Hand Rubbed Satin Flats and Cork finished bevels and spine
Handle: SS Bolsters fluted and double Pinned with SS Pins - Juma Ivory Snake with Black G10 Liner - Brass pins and Lanyard Tube - Juma Snake Matching Lanyard bead
Sheath: Leather

Certainly! Per the manufacturer:

OAL: 7 5/8"
Edge: 3 3/8"
Steel Thickness: .180"
Steel: CPM154
Heat Treat: 61
Finish: Hand Rubbed Satin Flats and Cork finished bevels and spine
Handle: SS Bolsters fluted and double Pinned with SS Pins - Juma Ivory Snake with Black G10 Liner - Brass pins and Lanyard Tube - Juma Snake Matching Lanyard bead
Sheath: Leather
The credentials are serious! Great score, my friend! Enjoy!

I have fixed blades in rotation. Sometimes, I carry them in combination with a folder. Sometimes, I don't. This was yesterday.

fh4MDPL.jpg

Sweeeeet. Been looking into that exact knife for a while believe it or not. I dig it but have been “meh” due to the spine sticking out past the scales. I tend to hate that.

Now about those shoes…. Looks like they have hella patina forming on the toe caps, which I love. But I guess that’s for another thread.
The blade sits proud of the scales but it's very comfortable

Im in the basement, tunes blasting, laying out my next visions of the knives.... Drinking 13 year old braggot. Having a good day.
My edc since fall is this 5.5" Beater with osage scales. I really like it Alot. I was just messing around. I almost tossed it? Then it gave me a 1980's jungle vibe. Something that the bad guys on the TV show The A Team would use....haha.
I Had to keep it.

I put a shovel tip on her for Hard use.
On Thanksgiving I shimmied out on to the ice on my belly.....I pounded this thing though over 4" of ice to check the depth. She loved it. No damage.

I carry two small fixed blades. A Northman in my back left pocket and a Rockstead Chou as a necker

Back