Who loves their 3.5?

No problem bud. I can PM you a link for the process if you need it. I'm thinking of dyeing the natural canvas scales on the 10 with a red wine colored dye but I'm not sure about it yet. I really like the looks of Chirals scales on his 10 but I think they're that red or orange terotuff material. They look almost burgundy now.

Thanks, man. I'll definitely let you know if I'm ever in a modsy mood.

I have to find pics from Chiral, did he get after market or modded handles? How did I not know this?!

Thanks, man. I'll definitely let you know if I'm ever in a modsy mood.

I have to find pics from Chiral, did he get after market or modded handles? How did I not know this?!

I think they're the stock ones.
1a125636be84d5acce3637216aba36c9.jpg

Thanks for the pic! I don't think I know what terotuff is........

I'll fix that.

It's cool stuff but I think that Guy wasn't happy with it for some reason. It's kind of soft and a bit hairy. I had a scale made for my old ZT-0562 and it was cool but it seemed like it could come apart under a lot of use.
c7294d068db70e3b599626982d4681e3.jpg

f1743e245596eb63cb55bb454e667087.jpg

I think they were an extra option on his early run of knives like the EDC-4. Maybe he stopped using it because it absorbs blood and other nastiness.

Thanks for the pic! I don't think I know what terotuff is........

I'll fix that.

Terotuff gets ugly, in my limited experience with it. It is the same idea as linen and canvas, but the fibers are even bigger. So as soon as you touch them the fibers pickup the dirt on your hand and the whole thing looks grimy. If you are looking for rich color, without going to G10, go with linen. Or rit dye like standard did.

It is hard to trust the natural canvas order. Sometimes they are a deep reddish color, sometimes more mustard, and sometimes neither. It is all just luck of the draw.

I actually have a set of the "orange" Terotuf scales Guy tried for the original run of GSO-10s, I'll snap a pick this weekend for folk. The ones on my GSO-10 are from a ruddier batch of "natural" canvas, i use to have another set that was less red:

Here is black canvas (a bit oily), natural canvas, and orange G-10.

104_0900.JPG

And the ruddy "natural" canvas:

P1020112.JPG

P1040666.JPG

(I added some inner-tube liners)
P1020116.JPG

Natural canvas neckerII

P1020268.JPG

A bad picture of my first GSO-4.1s

000_0209.JPG

SK-4
New
P1010636.JPG

after some use
P1020121.JPG

And the 2016 GSO-5.1
P1040574.JPG

P1040587.JPG

Thank you Ellie and Chiral! I think the scales I got just need a bit of oiling again and a bunch of use. I had them sitting out in my garage for a few days before the GSO 10 arrived so I bet that the mineral oil evaporated. It has been a really warm spring season out here for some damn reason.

Southern California, warm? How strange! (sarcasm, of course) Wasn't it about 80 down there over Christmas?

It was pretty close to that! All of these El Niño predictions were BS because we haven't seen anything for rain. I was really hoping for a ton of rain and cold temps but it's 81 degrees and windy as hell here in Riverside.

Ah yes, winter in the valleys of southern california. Mostly differentiated from the summers by being slightly cooler with better air quality.

Back