Who loves their 3.5?

This baby made quick work of the bacon wrapped venison. Loving this 3.5 more and more every time I use it.

Last edited:
Bacon wrapped venison?!! Holy crap how did I miss this??
That had to be delicious.

I just added the Victorinox Camper to the rotation. It might stick around.
1ffba24b183e2080b0a3758605771f21.jpg

you guys are making me hungry! this should be the "who uses their 3.5 as a steak knife and loves it" thread!

It's amazing how a new sheath can make a ton of difference. I'm glad that the black kydex was made available again.
4144f6677d90cc297cdfaef5989214ce.jpg

Thanks guys! I'm one of those weirdo's that has to have everything look just right. At least I can mount the old FDE sheath to the shoulder strap of my pack because it matches.

I work in HVAC, and yesterday we were working on a new house. I was on the top of an 18' ladder using my 3.5 to cut some hang strap and I bumped the knife and knocked it out of my hand. It bounced of a stud, then hit the ladder then the concrete! I was sure I was in for some time on the diamond stones, but there was no damage. Goes to show these knives are tuff as nails.

Nice!!!

Tell me again about your handle. Material?

They are black canvas scales that I RIT dyed to be extra extra black. They need a good washing though because I sealed the dye in with Vaseline and it's a bit too smooth now.

I work in HVAC, and yesterday we were working on a new house. I was on the top of an 18' ladder using my 3.5 to cut some hang strap and I bumped the knife and knocked it out of my hand. It bounced of a stud, then hit the ladder then the concrete! I was sure I was in for some time on the diamond stones, but there was no damage. Goes to show these knives are tuff as nails.

That made me cringe thinking about it. Glad it's ok though!

Yikes! Thankful for a surprisingly happy outcome!

They are black canvas scales that I RIT dyed to be extra extra black. They need a good washing though because I sealed the dye in with Vaseline and it's a bit too smooth now.
I thought you had dyed micarta, but the pic had me thinking g10. Thanks!

No problem bud. I can PM you a link for the process if you need it. I'm thinking of dyeing the natural canvas scales on the 10 with a red wine colored dye but I'm not sure about it yet. I really like the looks of Chirals scales on his 10 but I think they're that red or orange terotuff material. They look almost burgundy now.

Back