Who would buy the gso 8

I noticed Guy did not add the gso 8 to the production schedule...
I guess Guy wants to lnow if there is real interest for this design

I would buy two gso8 for sure

Who else would buy one (or more)

Let's make this happen :D

Im curious, how much difference will be in the 8 vs. 7/7. What will the 8s intended use be? Im excited to see a prototype. I want all the gso series but as much as i love them, i love my wife more. Buying them all could be a ticket to sleeping in my truck for a month or more. I think i would eventually get one though. Even if it was not in the near future.

Absolutely!
The 8 would be as big of a knife as I would want. Right now the SYKCO 711 is the go to but a S!K in that size would be the one.

Aaaaannnnddddd ...... how bout the sketch Guy did.

Such a great design.

RR, please don't hate me, but I think if I was going to go for a chopper (even though Guy says it is not) I'd go with the 10. If I'm going to use something bigger than a 5 inch blade then I really want something bigger.

If Guy ever puts this design into production, that would be legendary customer satisfaction delivery.

Would you go backpacking with the gso 10 ?
I think the gso 8 would be a viable intermediate chopper
It would allow mw to leave my axe at home and only bring the gso 8 and laplander saw !

I would put money down on a GSO 8 for sure. Perfect size for me as that is about as big a blade as I am likely to carry.

Would you go backpacking with the gso 10 ?
I think the gso 8 would be a viable intermediate chopper
It would allow mw to leave my axe at home and only bring the gso 8 and laplander saw !

Very good point, I knew you'd have at least one :)

Forgive me, but what would be the biggest advantage with the 8 inch blade? Weight or size? Both?

Would buy an 8 in a heartbeat. Love to not have a choil on it but way in either way.

I would assume that the finger choil is included to make this larger blade good at smaller tasks as well and not leave it purely in the realm of 'chopper only'. I do understand that a lot of peeps prefer bigger knives without finger choils but this way it gives the folks that can't afford to buy a big and a small or for the folks that consider weight to be an issue a chance at having a versatile blade that can perform as many tasks as possible. On a blade this size the choil isn't really 'cutting' out too much blade length (pardon the pun). My reckoning anyway..

Oh, forgot to add. Heck yeah I'd buy one fo' sho'!

I like the support the GSO 8 is getting !!!

Happy to support you guys getting your hearts desires but for me there simply is not a place in my load out or collection for the suggested model. I prefer my choppers bigger. I am confident that I can push a 7.7 into the role of an 8 in terms of wood processing but I cannot see the 8 fulfilling the other roles of the 7 as effectively. I suspect this model will come eventually anyway. You will have to let us know if it works as well as you hoped.

I would assume that the finger choil is included to make this larger blade good at smaller tasks as well and not leave it purely in the realm of 'chopper only'. I do understand that a lot of peeps prefer bigger knives without finger choils but this way it gives the folks that can't afford to buy a big and a small or for the folks that consider weight to be an issue a chance at having a versatile blade that can perform as many tasks as possible. On a blade this size the choil isn't really 'cutting' out too much blade length (pardon the pun). My reckoning anyway..

Oh, forgot to add. Heck yeah I'd buy one fo' sho'!

Agreed...on all points. Just for me personally, I would see it filling the light chopper role paired with probably my 3.5 so I'm anti choil. Definitely see plenty of other folks preferring a choil and for good reason.

It would be interesting to compare it to the 7/7. 8" blade vs a 7.25" blade. For me I think the 7/7 would be more functional unless I had to baton really big pieces of wood.

Last edited:
GSO 8 would only be an option for me if they could offer it with a coating. Just my preference.

Back