Who would buy the gso 8

GSO 8 would only be an option for me if they could offer it with a coating. Just my preference.
+1 to that if it's the DLC coating, which I don't think they'll bring back. Flat Earth/gold makes a great looking blade!!

I'd be interested in seeing this one for sure. It looks like a 3/4 ton version of the GSO 10!

Ok, it took me until seeing this Fiddleback Forge camp knife to understand the appeal of a mid-size chopper. Having seen this knife and Guy's rendering of the 8 I'm having to go against my previous statement to say that I indeed would be interested in a GSO 8!

Pic credit and blade ownership go to Tinbanger!

Campare to the GSO 8

Last edited:
Needle, that's a great comparison, I think it was just yesterday that I stumbled on that FF camp knife and had similar thoughts. While the FF knife looks amazing, I do know one thing...Guy can give us his interpretation at less than the 8 gazillion dollar FF price tag. I'm not making that up, they're literally 8 gazillion dollars.

Needle, that's a great comparison, I think it was just yesterday that I stumbled on that FF camp knife and had similar thoughts. While the FF knife looks amazing, I do know one thing...Guy can give us his interpretation at less than the 8 gazillion dollar FF price tag. I'm not making that up, they're literally 8 gazillion dollars.

Hahahahaha, I peed a little the other day when I saw the price tag on a distributor website. Tinbanger, I'll say again, you are definitely a connisuer. Enjoy that fine blade! What I really like about the camp knife is the tall blade and long handle.

I could see similarities in Guy's rendering to Andy Tran's Tahoma Field Knife made by TOPS. The GSO 8 appeals to me more because it is Guy's straight forward and simple design. A great handle and blade without any bells and whistles like notches or specialized pommel or sharpened top edge.

Haha, I wish I could spend 8 gazillion dollars on a knife! The reason I got the camp is because I like the 6 so much. I was hoping for a 6 with a larger handle. I still may get some custom scales for the 6.not sure.

Ok, it took me until seeing this Fiddleback Forge camp knife to understand the appeal of a mid-size chopper. Having seen this knife and Guy's rendering of the 8 I'm having to go against my previous statement to say that I indeed would be interested in a GSO 8!

I new a smart man like you would figure it out :D

I new a smart man like you would figure it out :D

Haha, sorry it took me so long to get on board. Now I get it!

I can't believe the camp knife makes the GSO 6 look so small. The specs I read is it's only about 12 inches full length and 6.5 inch cutting edge. Man, an 8 inch blade would be a monster.

Ok, so the link is not S! related, but rather 8" related.

Just after becoming infected by Revolverrodger :)p) I see this Video on youtube.

https://youtu.be/UNcd8_V_DHY

Aaron really sees the value and use of an 8" blade. I've been a subscriber of his for awhile and didn't realize he thought this size was the ideal one tool option.

We are in the middle of a 14 hour drive but thought to share this beauty with the folks who started the idea.

View attachment 559450

Edit: i apologize if posting a picture with the ipad doesn't go as smoothly as I imagined. If not, I will get it up with the laptop tomorrow morning.

Back