Who would buy the gso 8

I can see that I'm going to have to find something to put on the exchange very soon to get the paypal account up up up, ha!

We'll be getting materials moving for this and the other new models ASAP. The answer won't always be yes but when you guys and girls speak, I will at least listen to what you have to say. I'm really glad I did in this case for sure. The GSO-8 turned out to be a pretty awesome knife design.

http://surviveknives.com/gso-8/

Taking customer ideas and making it a reality, truly is incredible. Thank you, Guy.

I'll keep watching the production schedule page to see how these new announcements fit in :thumbup:

Taking customer ideas and making it a reality, truly is incredible. Thank you, Guy.

I'll keep watching the production schedule page to see how these new announcements fit in :thumbup:

We'll be doing the big announcement of these in next Friday's newsletter.

I order mine today, and I want to give a couple of my random thoughts here. The 7/7 I own has a false grind, and as such, is more of a large fighter. So the GSO 8 is substantially different. The GSO 10 is a pack mount knife or goes inside my pack. The GSO 8 is a lighter, smaller version. I think that it would carry fairly well on the belt or MOLLY load bearing vest. Time will tell though. 1/4" 3V is overkill and not required in this or any other knife in my opinion . If I want a chopper without battoning, I'll carry an axe or hatchet. The GSO 10 chops well enough for general camp duties, and I can thump on it hard when it falls short. I like big knives, but reality is that I do not edc them. I might put the GSO 8 on my belt for a hike in the woods. I never have done this with the GSO 10. It might even be too big and heavy for belt carry as well. I have belt carried my 7/7 without issue. I also ordered the GSO 6 today, which will ride on the belt nicely I'm sure. I think that the GSO 8 fills a hole in my lineup. It approaches the utility of the 10, but in a smaller, lighter package. I can edc it in my day pack I carry to work, and have a substantial blade if my car skids off a snow covered road out of cell phone range.

Well said McVeyMac!
I agree with you completely on every view point of the GSO 8. I think it'll be a very practical blade at that size and weight. I've had a few 1/4 thick 5inch blades that were cool but they were ridiculously heavy for their size.

Just so there's no confusion,

new spec GSO 10 .200" thick
GSO 8 .190" thick

It approaches the utility of the 10, but in a smaller, lighter package. I can edc it in my day pack I carry to work, and have a substantial blade if my car skids off a snow covered road out of cell phone range.

Good post MVM. The 8 would make an excellent 'peace of mind' blade for sure.

I'll throw this table here. I use fractions all day so they're easier for me to calculate sizes.
964b5cc62789c6f54255c61aa71343b8.jpg

Back