WIP Pictures for January Batch... Merged the threads.

Today was spent moving money where it needs to be and getting all the handle material sorted and ordered. I was going to have a longer day, but realised I left my wallet at home when I decided to place the micarta order. Had to go home and then didn't get done with stuff here until it was too late to go back.

No problem, just checking in. I'm still impressed you're doing this in the first place.

Thanks again.

(And thanks for not taking "Fletcher Goodness" the wrong way.)

:foot: :)

No pictures today. Just did a bunch of handle laminating and stuff. Nothing exciting. Tomorrow I'm hoping to get a bunch of them ready for glue-up. Then Friday, I'm going to try to get the ones that are ready glued and clamped before Andy and I leave for the GA Custom Knifemaker's Guild Meeting at the Twin Blades shop.

Man i can't wait. I'm itching like a meth head waiting for his next fix.....lol. I can feel it so close to getting my hands on some of this sweet new steel.

Man i can't wait. I'm itching like a meth head waiting for his next fix.....lol. I can feel it so close to getting my hands on some of this sweet new steel.

It's not withdrawals if the itching is only at your crotch. ...I'm just saying. Maybe it's time to go to the clinic and get that checked out.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Lol you might want to get checked out also. I may have embraced the busse in a not so proper way. I hear this stuff spreads through skin to blade contact.......lol

Guys, there will be no pictures today. Andy and I are going to be heading out for the GA Custom Knifemakers Guild meeting here in a couple of hours so we won't be in the shop today. PEACE OUT!

All of the handle materials are laminated and everything is going to be cut, shaped, and readied for glue-up tomorrow.

Okie dokie. Everything is ready for glue-up. The only knives that aren't getting glued up yet from this batch are waiting for some more exotique handle material. I haven't decided yet what handle scales to put on the High Plains Duo, but I'm leaning toward something like buffalo horn or some other dark natural material. Here are all the knives going into glue-up tomorrow. A few of these have some pretty gnarley handle scales.

phonepicA.jpg

phonepicB.jpg

phonepicC.jpg

phonepicD.jpg

phonepicE.jpg

phonepicF.jpg

This batch is going to be pretty rockin'. I have at least three knives from this batch that are special pieces for Blade. I've decided to make at least two or three knives for Blade Show in every batch between now and then. I'll also take the entire last batch before Blade with me. Should have a pretty good amount of knives on the table.

Wow! Can't wait to see these with the handles contoured!
Glad I called dibs on an XL. I've got a feeling that once these are finished your not gonna be able to hold on to any of them!

I haven't decided yet what handle scales to put on the High Plains Duo, but I'm leaning toward something like buffalo horn or some other dark natural material.

Honestly Dylan, Buff horn although real pretty is a bit brittle. Bighorn sheep on the other hand is tough as nails. It has been referred to as the micarta of natural materials. Also, I hope mine is in there somewhere.

Honestly Dylan, Buff horn although real pretty is a bit brittle. Bighorn sheep on the other hand is tough as nails. It has been referred to as the micarta of natural materials. Also, I hope mine is in there somewhere.

Yep. There's a Delta-4 in there with your name on it if you want it. I think it has black canvas with red liners.

Woo Happy times all around!!!! That first set of handle scales looks sick. I cant wait to see how they look on a blade. I'm even more pumped about blade now that you're going to have a sick ass quantity its looking like.

Back