Wtf emerson

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's not broken..... Times HAVE changed but the thing that has remained a constant is what this TOOL was designed for. Does it cut? Yes Does it deploy in a rapid manner for an emergency situation? Yes Does it field strip for cleaning? Yes Can you sharpen it on the damn sidewalk as a last resort? Yes If the materials have held up to the test and the knife is doing what it's supposed to, then why would Emerson change all of it? Because some materials are "nicer" than others? I'm not going to buy a torque wrench because it's made of titanium. Does my current Craftsman tighten my lug nuts to the factory specs? Yes

People forget the reason behind the production of Ernie's knives.

As for the "flimsy lock and cheap feel" comment. You have the right to your own opinion. A wrong one at that.

ER

Really? Since you're into giving orders, or directives, here's one for you. Read every word in my post because your attitude SUCKS, dude. In fact, it exudes arrogance and a pomposity that someone who talks like you is seldom able to back up. Frankly, that's a major issue which I hope is not pervasive in your company.

I own several Emerson's for the record, lost a couple and own several of the same kind, as well as others. One I have carried almost daily for a decade and it serves me well, so I can speak to this matter with some authority. I understand the concept, it's simplicity and how those concepts are incorporated to some degree into Benchmade, Kershaw and now ZT. Yet those particular brands also possess features unique to them and not Emerson. Regardless of that fact Emerson has no major hold on the market because others have caught up to them in certain ways. Brand Loyalty doesn't do jack-sh!t for anyone who needs a specific feature for whatever reason while on deployment, at the shop, in the garage or in the back country, yet doesn't have it. All areas I've listed, I have used my Commanders and others in.

So while I do not agree with the major thrust of the OP's comments, he has every right to express it without being berating by someone whose job is to serve and depends on the free will choice of others like him. Your paycheck is tied directly to that. I wonder just what Ernie or better still the public who buys your boss's product would think if they read your comments , then considered that type of attitude was pervasive at Emerson? I know what I would think. That would be to suggest you take one of Ernie's simply built knives and simply stick right up your backside. There are other choices from people= who make the Company who appreciate other opinions then incorporate some of that in their design when it is heard enough. That's the genius of Free Mkt Capitalism.

People like you forget the reason their job exists.

As for your comments , they are way out of line, for your position and you need an attitude adjustment dude.

Last edited:
I think EmersonREP's comments are justified and I take no offense to them. Some people are going to hate Emerson knives, just like some hate ZT or Cold Steel or any other maker. The whole point we were all trying to make is simple: we love our Emersons, nobody is going to change our opinion, don't come in to our house taking trash just to start trouble.

I've said it probably 5 times in this thread and others have said it also. IF YOU DONT LIKE EMERSON KNIVES, DONT BUY THEM. There are enough hardcore fans that they likely won't notice you missing. If you can't handle a little comment on the internet without telling someone to "put a knife up their backside" I'd love to see how you handled your "deployment" or lasted in the "back country" with such a fragile constitution.

EmersonREP, I think this thread has outlasted its productivity and is just on its way to turning ugly. Maybe it's time to shut it down.

...People like you forget the reason their job exists.

EmersonRep's job exists because those of us who like and support the Emerson sub-forum asked for someone to be a forum moderator on a regular basis. I, for one, think he (or she) has been remarkably restrained in how he deals with childish behavior and seemingly intentional attempts to bait him and the other Emerson fans that inhabit this corner of BF.

And I think Silvanus is probably right about this thread having outlasted any usefulness it might have originally had.

Last edited:
I think EmersonREP's comments are justified and I take no offense to them. Some people are going to hate Emerson knives, just like some hate ZT or Cold Steel or any other maker. The whole point we were all trying to make is simple: we love our Emersons, nobody is going to change our opinion, don't come in to our house taking trash just to start trouble.

I've said it probably 5 times in this thread and others have said it also. IF YOU DONT LIKE EMERSON KNIVES, DONT BUY THEM. There are enough hardcore fans that they likely won't notice you missing. If you can't handle a little comment on the internet without telling someone to "put a knife up their backside" I'd love to see how you handled your "deployment" or lasted in the "back country" with such a fragile constitution.

EmersonREP, I think this thread has outlasted its productivity and is just on its way to turning ugly. Maybe it's time to shut it down.

So what ? Again, as I stated everyone is entitled to their opinion, you included. However, never make the mistake that opinion is shared entirely by others or that others are "weak" in their "constitution" because they've chosen to enunciate a point by using the same type of "prose" to drive home that point. Clearly you've done all of that here. It is also clear that you have difficulty in reading and comprehension because I stated in very simple language that I own several Emersons, and do not agree with the OP's bent. Yet I mightily disagree with the "Reps" berating commentary.

It is also clear that you are not a business owner, whereas I am. Otherwise you would understand that while you will never please everyone, customer satisfaction is paramount along with maintaining the Company Name. He failed miserably as you did in grasping the simple concept.

What you think, if you do at all, is irrelevant in this circumstance because the "Rep" is as much to blame here as anyone.

BTW- jarhead, while I respect the uniform and the Branch, primarily because I have family members who served in it, you need to exercise the gray matter more and your inflated sense of self a little less in matters like these.

Last edited:

I don't hate Emerson knives that's what you don't get. I took the time to grind a wave in a $200+ knife I like it so much. I have owned plenty of them. I have just found stronger, tighter tolerance, better materials and innovative features in knives like Chris Reeve sebenza Hinderer or zt and wondered if Emerson would make one some day ( that would be cool )to keep up and he did by letting ZT do it great cool I may buy one. I just wanted to know why not keep it in house. You all got so sensitive all from a little criticism that is a common topic in knife forums all over the internet. For owners of Emerson knives you have some really thin skin and closed minds.

EmersonRep's job exists because those of us who like and support the Emerson sub-forum asked for someone to be a forum moderator on a regular basis. I, for one, think he (or she) has been remarkably restrained in how he deals with childish behavior and seemingly intentional attempts to bait him and the other Emerson fans that inhabit this corner of BF.

And I think Silvanus is probably right about this thread having outlasted any usefulness it might have originally had.

Again , I submit - So? That is your perspective , not mine and I disagree because you are mistaken given the whole of my point. I think he woefully overstepped his bounds , and proceeded to explain why. All of which sailed miles over your head and that of Silvanus.

IF the two of you, or others here wish to play super-fan and worship at the Emerson altar by giving a free pass to someone whose behavior reflects exactly that of the OP, then by all means continue your shameless affections. Yet the ladder goes both ways here, friend. Remember that and try to control the emotion.

What I find amazing is the hypocrisy of what has become the thread matter now. The only reason the two of you do not bust on the Rep is because you like what he represents, whereas I don't. In an objective environment, where judgment is not clouded by emotion, the Rep would be called on the carpet just like the OP.

Perhaps you should re think things dale...

I don't know you and you don't know me. I am also a business owner and it's not EKI. I do not work for EKI and Ernie definitely doesn't sign my pay checks. You'll also notice that not one person has name called at all in this whole thread but you. That says a lot. I have my response to the OP asking why we didn't make our knives like someone else's knife company. Simple question, simple answer. I gave mine. That's it. You think I failed miserably at grasping a simply concept?! Like I said, you don't know me. You don't know my accomplishments in life and my career. I never once talked down or berated anyone like you are doing now. You make it seem like EKI doesn't listen to it's customers. You're wrong. We listen closely. When enough people want a certain model, we get that batch out as soon as possible. Our customer service is second to none. You can talk to someone on the phone, email or here with a FAST response. Who else does that? If you want an apology you're not going to get one for I feel I did nothing wrong.

Have a nice day. Maybe have a beer.

ER

I have just found stronger, tighter tolerance, better materials and innovative features.

That's great. If you want those features in a knife more power to you. Emerson knives are what they are, and I don't see them changing how they do business. I've owned many other knives from many other companies and each has something I'd change about them. The thing is, If I want a knife with perfect fit and finish, super steel, and fancy Ti frame locks and hardware, I'll carry my Hinderer. When I want a knife that is first and foremost a tool, I'll carry my Emerson. You may not hate Emerson, but if it bothers you that they dont have what you are looking for, get another knife.

It's all about choice in your Emerson and Emerson-licensed Wave folders. I own terrific choices made by Emerson, Fox, Southern Grind and now Zero Tolerance (ZT).

Personally, I think that the quality, materials and value are better on the ZT than Emerson. ZT is a manufacturing powerhouse.

I wholeheartedly disagree with the OP's tone of communication in this thread.

Again , I submit - So? That is your perspective , not mine and I disagree because you are mistaken given the whole of my point. I think he woefully overstepped his bounds , and proceeded to explain why. All of which sailed miles over your head and that of Silvanus.

IF the two of you, or others here wish to play super-fan and worship at the Emerson altar by giving a free pass to someone whose behavior reflects exactly that of the OP, then by all means continue your shameless affections. Yet the ladder goes both ways here, friend. Remember that and try to control the emotion.

What I find amazing is the hypocrisy of what has become the thread matter now. The only reason the two of you do not bust on the Rep is because you like what he represents, whereas I don't. In an objective environment, where judgment is not clouded by emotion, the Rep would be called on the carpet just like the OP.

Perhaps you should re think things dale...

Coming into this forum, and putting Emerson's locks down (flimsy) is what op said its his opinion.

But this isn't the place to do it. Waveone I think you missed all the analogies of why this is wrong.

The op wasn't even saying he wanted something fixed or is this covered under warranty. Just gave his opinion.

There are a lot of people that are business owners. I make mistakes and I'll continue to make mistakes.

If the op went into any other sub forum and made blanket statements, he'd problem get the same response.

Maybe general discussion would of been a more appropriate forum.

Like the emerson rep said and others, emerson puts his heart into these knives.:thumbup:

A high jumper broke the world record, and a guy asked him how he did it.

He said - I threw my heart over the bar, and the rest of me followed.:D

I don't know you and you don't know me. I am also a business owner and it's not EKI. I do not work for EKI and Ernie definitely doesn't sign my pay checks. You'll also notice that not one person has name called at all in this whole thread but you. That says a lot. I have my response to the OP asking why we didn't make our knives like someone else's knife company. Simple question, simple answer. I gave mine. That's it. You think I failed miserably at grasping a simply concept?! Like I said, you don't know me. You don't know my accomplishments in life and my career. I never once talked down or berated anyone like you are doing now. You make it seem like EKI doesn't listen to it's customers. You're wrong. We listen closely. When enough people want a certain model, we get that batch out as soon as possible. Our customer service is second to none. You can talk to someone on the phone, email or here with a FAST response. Who else does that? If you want an apology you're not going to get one for I feel I did nothing wrong.

Have a nice day. Maybe have a beer.

ER

Is there some form of language barrier here that creates a major communication disconnect on this aspect of BF? Perhaps I missed something, assuming you're speaking to me, but- exactly where did I call you a name ? BTW I could care less about an apology.

If you do not work for Ernie, then why do you use the term "We"? Clearly you do in some capacity and therefore represent his Company. Therefore your decorum reflects on him, even on this paltry thread. Again, it defies me how simple language is either ignored , or misinterpreted. So does the hypocrisy, like yours and Silvanus. Specifically, you did berate the OP and talked down to him several times. If you like I will show you in quote form how you are quite mistaken.

Finally, I don't need to "know" you nor do I have any desire to. Your language and behavior on this thread tells a ton. I simply used the same method you did, but turned it on you to drive a point, and it did, whether you acknowledge that or not. Anyone objective , who can read what amounts to fifth grade English will grasp that. You did plenty wrong in this area regardless if you "feel" you did or not. In any case, If you make a living as a "people person" exercising very poor people skills as you did here on this thread , then that is a miraculous feat IMO.

You do the same....

EDIT: KRAV- I didn't miss a thing. This is not some rare form of prose or finer point of erudition being made on this thread. In fact I stated plainly I disagree with him. Once more- I OWN several Emersons. Hopefully we're done here. Ultimately I could care less If someone puts me on ignore. Just like I was told some time ago- If anyone can't hack it, they need to pack it.

Last edited:
I don't hate Emerson knives that's what you don't get. I took the time to grind a wave in a $200+ knife I like it so much. I have owned plenty of them. I have just found stronger, tighter tolerance, better materials and innovative features in knives like Chris Reeve sebenza Hinderer or zt and wondered if Emerson would make one some day ( that would be cool )to keep up and he did by letting ZT do it great cool I may buy one. I just wanted to know why not keep it in house. You all got so sensitive all from a little criticism that is a common topic in knife forums all over the internet. For owners of Emerson knives you have some really thin skin and closed minds.

Double post I goofed��

I think you are missing the point, and that point is what Emerson aka EKI builds is what they are willing to invest their Capitol in, aka money.

Bad business decisions make for companies going under, good business decisions make for companies being successful, and thriving.

You are free to give EKI suggestions, or input. But unless you sit other board of directors, or own a majority of stock you input is just that input.

The world love to buy better mouse traps, or better of most products. So put your money were your mouth is, and build a better tactical folding knife, as you are free to do so. Before going out on the street corner selling your know knives, butter have all the business licenses, and forms of insurance to CYA.😁

:confused: I mean...:eek: with a healthy side of :rolleyes:

Emerson makes a product and charges x amount for said product. We choose to either purchase them or not. Either side of the fence you stand on is your call. No big. No, really, it's cool.

If you liked em once upon a time and now don't, no big. If you have no interest in them then down the road change your mind, no big.

If you find yourself in an area where people love the damn things then say something like, oh I don't know, WTF Emerson.... are you really that surprised to get backlash? Genuinely?

When you get to a point where the "topic" is no longer being discussed and whole paragraphs are dedicated to nit picking strangers comments then WTF?

From what I see hypocrisy is reigning supreme with the OP and his lil' supporter. Go back and read em, hilarious.

This little place on the internet is like a get together for those that enjoy the same thing. If you don't like the host, the other guest, nor general atmosphere why come in through the door in the first place?

"Whose having a party? Oh Mike, I hate Mike. Oh Mike's friend's and family will be there? I hate Mike's friend's and family. Where's it at? Oh I hate that place. ....so what time should I be there?"

Waveone, you really are too "enthusiastic" on this one. Take a look at my posts in this thread, and give it some thought. And take it easy fella', we are all knife lovers here, particularly Emersons in this forum specifically. :)

Waveone, you really are too "enthusiastic" on this one. Take a look at my posts in this thread, and give it some thought. And take it easy fella', we are all knife lovers here, particularly Emersons in this forum specifically. :)

I need to adopt your manner of responding:thumbup:

I think you are missing the point, and that point is what Emerson aka EKI builds is what they are willing to invest their Capitol in, aka money.

Bad business decisions make for companies going under, good business decisions make for companies being successful, and thriving.

You are free to give EKI suggestions, or input. But unless you sit other board of directors, or own a majority of stock you input is just that input.

The world love to buy better mouse traps, or better of most products. So put your money were your mouth is, and build a better tactical folding knife, as you are free to do so. Before going out on the street corner selling your know knives, butter have all the business licenses, and forms of insurance to CYA.��

I love the build your own defense. I dont have to plenty of people already do that was my point for 5 pages good lord. Are you all really upset because I called your lock flimsy. Fine I am very sorry I called your lock flimsy. Your lock is strong enough for general task but is not as tough as my ZT. I really thought in here there would be a general discussion about emerson knives good and bad. I am serious I have not posted much on bf and never in here I did not know that all you could do in here was praise Emerson and wave the flag. And only post dislikes about emerson on general knife. You should post a sign.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back