Your new Sebbie!!! The 25th!!! **more pics**

Thanks heaps to BBQ Boy for the pictures

The bushing system is gone and the "made in Idaho" stamp is still there. Both bad points for me.

The jury is out on the rest of the knife until I get to handle one

Thanks for the photoshoped pic, that shows how "plain jane" should look like! The Knife looks much much better.

I have to wait for the final judge but for now I´m really a bit dissapointed. This knife is more beefy, more tactical, more complicated in construction. I think I have to start thinking about it as a completely new model of CRK.

I always liked that Sebbie developed step by step, it was evolution. The 25th model is revolution... It brings new features (mostly from other CRK knives) but leaves many other, that for me personally were significant for Sebenza (bushing, simple lines, easy maintenance etc). And I REALLY regret it.

But I really look forward to hold this knife in my hands (but why the second finger cutout, why??).

A small version of the 25 must be coming. No way they make a Large 25 and Small 21.

Agreed, but see below

It was my pleasure y'all. It certainly feels great in the hand. I'm very excited about getting one, especially seeing and handling it first and.
The jimping is definitely more aggressive but not too uncomfortable.
I asked Heather about the small version and she is not certain if they will be made. She said it is still up to Mr. Reeve. It didn't sound good, I'll say that, but, I find it VERY hard to imagine that he would not make a small.
Unfortunately, I forgot to ask about the price of the new Sebbie. Honestly, who cares:)

I can't imagine a world in which we are unable to purchase a new Small Sebenza. First, no Small Umnumzaan and now maybe no Small Sebenza 25. Say it ain't so!

Not only do I love CR knives because of how great they are, but I also love that with the Mnandi, old Umfaan, and Small Sebenza, they seem to appreciate the desire for and usefulness of smaller knives. I sincerely hope that they don't get away from offering a Small Sebenza--what many consider the best EDC knife ever.

Bucky I agree with you. I enjoy my new small plain Sebenza, born March 27, 2012. It is my companion id est my edc..
The 25 anniversary is actually a revolution, not an evolution!

Last edited:
I'm not singling you out nyefmaker, but I really don't see a "HOME RUN"

The pivot bushing is gone.(what made the Sebenza, a Sebenza IMO)

Added different sized screws.(looks asymmetrical, and multiple tools needed? how is that better?)

Changed the jimping(if something ain't broke.......)

Added a finger groove(doesn't go with the Sebenza's simplicity scheme)

This is looking more like a single, maybe a double. I like the oversized pivot and blade shape. That's about it.

No offense taken....lol. Everything I say about CRK is not the gospel to all....lol.

I do like it alot and think that Chris put alot of time into it. I think he put the best features of everything he has worked with the folder-wise the last 25 years and incorporated it into the Sebenza 25.

You see the Regular-like Sebenza in the blade profile, You get the ceramic ball lock-up of the Umnumzaan, the adjustable pivot of both he Umnumzaan and the Ti-Lock, you get the handle slabs and contours of the 21 Sebenza, and the finger grooves echo that of the Razionale...!!! Its a combo of all the best features that Chris feels make the best folder.

I am also not the type of person that has to take my sebenza apart after opening an envelope everyday for cleaning....lol, so the 2 sizes of screws does not bother me. I take my large regular ( the one I am currently carrying at the time ) and clean it when I feel it is loosing its smoothness. And when I do take it apart, its usually pocket lint, dust, dirt that is easily cleaned away and then after a lube, its good for several more months.

I do feel its a Home Run of sorts and will be more than happy to try one out. All I can say, it would have to be one heck of a knife to knock the Large Regular Sebenzas from my pocket. None of the other CRK's have done it ( the umnumzaan has come the closest ), No Hinderer's have done it, certainly No Striders and I could go on and on. The Large Regular Sebenza is still the Best Sebenza I believe and I have people PM and email me Weekly stating that after having tried both the Regular and 21, they are Regulars guys through and through. The only folder I see that could contend is the Sebenza 25.

Congrats Mr. Reeve. Yet another fantastic design.

With similar weight and size, both having ceramic balls and none having a bushing system it boils down to only a few important differences between the Umnumzaan and the 25th Sebenza:

Umnum:
1. The thumb lug doubles as stop pin. (This I prefer as there are no studs on the blade that can get stuck into something you are cutting.)
2. Swedge. I like it for numerous tasks to spare the blade. e.g. starting a fire with fire steel etc

25th Sebenza
1.Large Hollow Grind Technology. I prefer this to standard hollow grind because it is closer to FFG (probably coming to the Umnumzaan later?)

I think most other differences are cosmetic and individual preference: e.g. Lanyard attachment, finger grooves, handle grooves, blade shape etc.

My conclusion is that I prefer the 25th Sebenza (on paper) to the 21 despite the loss of the bushing BUT I don't prefer it to the Umnumzaan, at least not yet. The Regular is another matter altogether and I haven't made my mind up about that yet. I'll wait and see.

With similar weight and size, both having ceramic balls and none having a bushing system it boils down to only a few important differences between the Umnumzaan and the 25th Sebenza:

Umnum:
1. The thumb lug doubles as stop pin. (This I prefer as there are no studs on the blade that can get stuck into something you are cutting.)
2. Swedge. I like it for numerous tasks to spare the blade. e.g. starting a fire with fire steel etc

25th Sebenza
1.Large Hollow Grind Technology. I prefer this to standard hollow grind because it is closer to FFG (probably coming to the Umnumzaan later?)

I think most other differences are cosmetic and individual preference: e.g. Lanyard attachment, finger grooves, handle grooves, blade shape etc.

My conclusion is that I prefer the 25th Sebenza (on paper) to the 21 despite the loss of the bushing BUT I don't prefer it to the Umnumzaan, at least not yet. The Regular is another matter altogether and I haven't made my mind up about that yet. I'll wait and see.
Believe me when I say, the jimping on the 25 will be great for fire steels.

Like every "revolution" it implies change.
I'm not to thrilled about the loss of the bushing system but design is about choices, and I trust Mr Reeve to have made a good one.
Everything else looks good to me, and all the other changes seem to have addressed most of the 21's downsides (not downside but you know what I mean)
I agree with nyefmaker: it's going to have to be that much more special to get my regular out of my pocket.
Curious to try it...:)

Looks great I got a chance to handle it also. Cant wait to get a reg version

I think its a good looking knife and I'm sure the quality is there. It'll be interesting to see what they do with it going forward. I certainly do hope they include inlays and bring back the annuals. Thanks for the pics and shops guys!!

Chris could probably have a lucrative "option." Send in the 21 for spa and they blast the slabs (or not), bore out the pivot hole and install the new blade and a wider pivot with bushing.

No cut-outs, no new washers, no new pivot, etc.

Yes, there is different screw sizes, but as long as you can take the one screw out of the blade to remove the blade and clean it - that's fine! Really that's all that needs to be removed.

This being said, I wonder if two allen wrenches will be included / taped on the box?

Lastly, I own an Umnumzaan and Seb 21. I daily war in my soul as to which one to carry (so most of the time I carry both;)). I always wished the 21 was beefier and I wished the Umnumzaan was a better slicer. NOW, I HAVE AN ANSWER. HALLELUJAH!

Yes, there is different screw sizes, but as long as you can take the one screw out of the blade to remove the blade and clean it - that's fine! Really that's all that needs to be removed.

Like I said in an earlier post. With the new washers having tabs and a cutout. I'm assuming there is a milled out area in the scales so those washers don't rotate. That would mean that you wouldn't be able to just slide the blade into the handle. But take the whole thing apart.

This is just a guess though. I could be 100% wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

None the less. I'm down for 1

Like I said in an earlier post. With the new washers having tabs and a cutout. I'm assuming there is a milled out area in the scales so those washers don't rotate. That would mean that you wouldn't be able to just slide the blade into the handle. But take the whole thing apart.

This is just a guess though. I could be 100% wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

None the less. I'm down for 1
If ire member correctly, the washers operate. The same as the old but larger for more stability. That I know. There isn't any milling in the handle for them. I just can't remember for the life of me why the washer are designed the way they are. I do like the fact that both washers are the same size now.

Back