Zero Tolerance 560, Pictures and First Impression

I can understand why people want to compare the 560/561 to the XMs. I get it. However, it is a moot point. They are two very different products. Both very nice, btw.
I say buy both. That is a ridiculous statement, I know. I do not mean run out and do it right now. I'm suggesting that if so inclined to own these knives, plan to get them and execute the plan. Saving $20/week for 52 weeks is over $1,000, just sayin'.

jimmer5,

Not an AO? How'd I miss that? The talk of easily flipped open, I suppose, Wow. A ball bearing 550/551 - with 300 style handle contours? That does sound neat - I'll have to call the local 'pusher' to see if his order arrived...

The IRS will understand if I send them an IOU, won't they??

Stainz

Well my first ZT 0560 landed today. Not sure yet, They may be catch and release. These are some LARGE knives

Here are some crappy indoor pictures

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

IMG_0412-1.jpg

IMG_0413-1.jpg

IMG_0414-1.jpg

IMG_0415-1.jpg

Last edited:
+1 for the saving up scratch to get one of these bad boys.

Taking girls out on dates or saving to buy the best production folder yet offered? hehe, ok bad example.

Well my first ZT 0560 landed today. Not sure yet, They may be catch and release. These are some LARGE knives

Here are some crappy indoor pictures

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

IMG_0412-1.jpg

IMG_0413-1.jpg

IMG_0414-1.jpg

IMG_0415-1.jpg

Holy crap.....................trim those nails. :) Thanks for posting the pics; they are great for crappy indoor pics. Where did yours come from?

I must say that judging from the pictures, this thing is a work of art. Wish I had funds for the one shown above.

So, is it the earlier ones that have this huge gap in the lockbar cut-out, or is it the current and later ones? This is no. 0140 serial number already, so there must not have been many of the early versions. Which came first? The huge gap, or is the huge gap what's currently shipping now? I would prefer the thin gap, am I too late? Any help appreciated. I read Thomas's post, but it was unclear which way they are currently being produced from here on out. Thanks.

From what I understand and have seen the large gap in the lock bar is on the knives from the earlier production. The more recently shipped knives have a much smaller cut line.

From what I understand and have seen the large gap in the lock bar is on the knives from the earlier production. The more recently shipped knives have a much smaller cut line.

Thank you, that's what I wanted to know. So, I guess they've already started making "improvements" - aesthetically, I like the smaller gap - but have no idea how it benefits actual use.

Does anybody know where the change happened? As far as what serial number did they change the lockbar gap? I think it was pretty early...

Hey - I got a 0561 a week ago last Saturday - from the local emporium/enabler featured in CrimsonTideShooter's video. S/N 018X - is that the original depth/length for the blade stopbar relief or the newer version? Here it is with the rest of my vast ZT collection, except for my bashful spare 0551:

032.jpg

026.jpg

I thought I saw a 0560/0561 with a Rick Hinderer or Zero Tolerance stop instead of a flat washer, like mine. Where do you get them? How about different lanyards and lanyard beads - even the SS skulls - where do folks find such? Thanks!

Stainz

I'm sitting here looking over my new 0560, and I just realized the G10 side's "3D machining" is a totally different pattern than the titanium side. I guess I just didn't make that connection when I was looking at pictures online. Why did they do that? I mean, it's very similar, but the "diamonds" on the ti side are larger and more symmetrical - while the G-10 side has sort of a section of a larger "swirl" pattern. Now, I'm tempted to just get a custom scale, since it's not going to match anyway.

Back