“Grail EDC”

I am wondering if, in the history of BladeForums, anyone has found the "Grail" and subsequently sold off all other knives. And if so, how long did that person last before they needed to buy another knife? All joking aside, I just like owning a few knives, much like a carpenter might have several saws or hammers. To drink of the Knife Grail is to doom one's self to continually seek it.
I would NEVER sell off my collection for one crazy knife.
I like switching it up too often. Id just end up rebuying everything for a higher price anyways

I carried an Endura since 92, but this past year I've switched to the Siren.

I like the pointy tip, the no rust steel, the coarse G10 and the smooth as silk back spacer. Great overall design, just an added bonus.

GRAIL? PERFECT EDC? That would be a lightly engraved Jerry Fisk Sendero in Damascus, with copper guard, and mammoth ivory handle with mosaic pins. Since that one runs somewhere north of $3K, it's just not in the cards. So I carry the next best thing, a White River Sendero Classic, with black/maple Richlite scales, and the first one they made with a hand-rubbed satin finish. Very good at being a knife, and looks good doing it. In this case, close enough is good enough. And I don't have to worry about scratching this one.

Well, I've found that I think I actually like WANTING something more than HAVING something. Sounds weird but - I will be stuck on the idea of an item, watch reviews, think about it non stop, (even occasionally) work some OT, then buy it. After I do, I pick something else I want. I have found that if I stretch out the "wanting" period, I actually enjoy the whole process more.

That said, YES I had a "grail" knife. One knife that I carried for probably 18 years. I would occasionally slip something else in to the mix but it never lasted long and I always quickly returned to "my knife". I stopped carrying it for a combination of reasons (that don't matter here) but I believe I will end up with another knife that just posts up in my pocket and holds that spot for decades. So far I am thinking it will probably be the ZT 0562ti (that I don't have yet).

My first grail folder was a Strider SmF in ranger green G10 and tiger stripes. I edc that folder for quite a number of years until I got te ZT 560BK. This ZT to me has the best titanium frame and a handsome felllow too however it developed a sticky lock and it had to go. In 2014, I had a chance to get the CRK umnumzaan new and then a month later a large 21 which till today is my most carried and used folder. I also bought a RHK XM18 3.5 spanto although this folder is solidly built, my sabenza is still my preferred edc. For the future, I might be looking for a rockstead higo2.

Back