1 CRK Knife For 1 Year!

I was looking for this thread! I posted on the Damascus specific thread but totally forgot about this one.

As promised, 365 days of straight EDC from new to current. Lots of great memories and marks!

Special thanks to Tim, Brendon and the rest of the CRK crew for dealing with my MAD requests to help me with the challenge!

Looking forward to carrying another CRK and switching it up.
Changed to double lugs back in June 2023 and changed to the Ghost RGT Clip in Sept 2023

**Now, Currently carrying a OD Green Magnacut DP Zaan** - This will probably be my EDC for a while, but I don't plan on carrying it for a year straight.

Attachments

• Photo_2023-11-10_06-12-21_PM-picsay_compress71.jpg
    Photo_2023-11-10_06-12-21_PM-picsay_compress71.jpg
    427.3 KB · Views: 24
Well strike one for me occurred not long after I started in the fall of ‘22.
So on December 14, 2023 I restarted the one year challenge with my small micarta inlaid 21 Classic.
As per the rules I’ve waited a full two weeks to make this post and post pictures.
so here we go again…

IMG_1788.jpegIMG_1787.jpeg

Last edited:
Checking in at 109 days. Month 1 was easy, month 2 was tough as I wanted some variety. I didn’t even think about it month 3. Sticking to one knife has already saved me some money a few times over.

Pictured below with Christmas gifts from a buddy and my wife.
IMG_4060.jpeg

Tomorrow will be six months of daily carry of the Small Sebenza. This challenge started out easy, but my Large Sebenza and Inkosi keep calling my name. It’s a shame to leave them on the nightstand every day.

Although the Small is more practical for my daily knife uses and I haven’t needed a larger knife, the Large framed models are still my favorites. I’m not sure whether I’ll be able to resist carrying them another 6 months, but I’m still plugging away.

I’ve been very happy with Magnacut’s performance. I don’t notice it taking any more effort to sharpen, but it seems to holds an edge better than my S30V and S35VN CRKs.

IMG_4537.jpeg

Back