Review 10 years with my Huntsman

I really enjoyed this, and I'm going to spend some time on your YouTube channel this weekend. I agree about the knife -- my wife bought me a "woodsman" over 40 years ago. It's the same knife except no toothpick or tweezers. I'm reluctant to use it now because of the sentimental value so I bought a fieldmaster this year. Same configuration except it replaces the corkscrew with the Phillips driver. I carry it every day. Just yesterday I was up on the sunroof repairing some caulking on the aluminum panels and the fieldmaster came in very handy.

AWESOME thread Dan, confession time, I have a red cellidor SAK, that I bought before Nanc and I were married 38 plus years ago that has lived solely in our medicine cabinet. In the past there have been threads similar to "What is your oldest knife" and I have NEVER posted it. In actuality it's my second oldest knife, the oldest is a 1970 Case #62087 Jackknife I bought with my allowance. The SAK is long discontinued and I looked it up on SAKWiki yrs ago but forget what it was...I'll have to look it up again:thumbsup:

AWESOME thread Dan, confession time, I have a red cellidor SAK, that I bought before Nanc and I were married 38 plus years ago that has lived solely in our medicine cabinet. In the past there have been threads similar to "What is your oldest knife" and I have NEVER posted it. In actuality it's my second oldest knife, the oldest is a 1970 Case #62087 Jackknife I bought with my allowance. The SAK is long discontinued and I looked it up on SAKWiki yrs ago but forget what it was...I'll have to look it up again:thumbsup:

Paul, If you’re like me you’ve got SAK’s stashed everywhere. But they never get used because I just grab what ever is in my pocket. I keep them in the boat, tackle boxes for the kayaks, truck, car, work backpack, etc... Other than to fiddle around with them I can’t remember the last time I used one of those.

Thanks for the compliment.
That sounds like an interesting knife. Definitely post a pic asap.
Dan

Great review.

The blade would last longer if touched up with a Sharpmaker, but then again, that would cost as much as two more Huntsmans!

The steel is soft, but since it has a thin stock and full flat grind, they're great slicers!

You might want to have this moved to the Reviews subforum.

Re. the English Sparrows, they're invasive pests here in the USA also. They drive off native birds. We call them skymice.

Airguns are the best. Try a pre-charged pneumatic air rifle and you'll keep the accuracy of the powder burner but they're SO much quieter and with less excess power and cheaper ammo. It's a fun hobby on its own.

What pleasure to read a review on a knife that was actually used , and not treated like a collectable or
a piece of fine jewelry.
I tip my hat to you sir.
Thanks mate, I totally understand what your saying.
Dan.

I love this thread. I recently picked up a walnut-scaled Huntsman after determining it’s toolset was ideal for my needs, and reading your review and seeing your photos reinforces the notion I made the right choice. Awesome!

I love this thread. I recently picked up a walnut-scaled Huntsman after determining it’s toolset was ideal for my needs, and reading your review and seeing your photos reinforces the notion I made the right choice. Awesome!
Thanks mate.
You won't be disappointed with your choice.
Dan.

What pleasure to read a review on a knife that was actually used , and not treated like a collectable or
a piece of fine jewelry.
I tip my hat to you sir.

Can't love this enough. A review like yours with actual real world use for longer than 2 minutes rather than one with no marks or scratches is hens teeth, rocking horse poop,and so on. This should be the default standard, it'd get rid of 99% of YouTube " reviews" in a hot second.

Last edited:
Can't love this enough. A review like yours with actual real world use for longer than 2 minutes with no marks or scratches is hens teeth, unicorn poop,and so on. This should be the default standard, it'd get rid of 99% of YouTube " reviews" in a hot second
Thanks mate.

I carried a Centurian around for about eight years but never liked the big Phillips screwdriver. I always found a back mounted screwdriver awkward to use. I saw the huntsman with the saw and corkscrew for my eyeglass screwdriver and a place for a straight pin,I decided that I needed a huntsman. Got one and I've been carrying it in a belt case for almost two years. Your review is a good true review.

I carried a Centurian around for about eight years but never liked the big Phillips screwdriver. I always found a back mounted screwdriver awkward to use. I saw the huntsman with the saw and corkscrew for my eyeglass screwdriver and a place for a straight pin,I decided that I needed a huntsman. Got one and I've been carrying it in a belt case for almost two years. Your review is a good true review.
Thanks mate.
It's definitely a great model

Back