1095 (produced by stock-removal by a company) is OVER-PRICED!!!!!

Skullguggery. :D Mr. Linton,do you remember the Great J. Lightning and his Razor knife?
A knife is worth what someone will voluntarily pay for it. That means "value" often varies according to the person expressing an opinion at to the value of the knife.

If it's too much according to your opinion of value, don't buy it and don't be bitter because you wanted it for less. Many other choices will come along.

ABOVE ALL, don't shop at eBay where pricing is equal parts knowledge of the market, WAG ignorance, and skulduggery-- and you might have a stroke at some of the opening values set.

Don't try to convince someone else to adopt your opinion. We all have better things to do with our time, including you.

Tha's "RAZR," i say, RAZR

Agile enough to wield, yet tough enough to sweep through
bone and flesh in one swing of your hand.

A pound and a quarter of razor sharp, triple tempered steel.
A silent cutting saw on the spine, with triangulated cut-back
teeth that cuts quietly without clogging or hanging up, a
Piranha jaw behind the gut hook to literally chew through
anything you can fit in it.

LOL. Spell check "corrected" my post. J.Lighting was Da Man!!!! He even managed to get the old Tactical Knives mag to "review" his product. Do you remember when he cameos here to "defend"his product? Epic stuff. :D
Tha's "RAZR," i say, RAZR

Agile enough to wield, yet tough enough to sweep through
bone and flesh in one swing of your hand.

A pound and a quarter of razor sharp, triple tempered steel.
A silent cutting saw on the spine, with triangulated cut-back
teeth that cuts quietly without clogging or hanging up, a
Piranha jaw behind the gut hook to literally chew through
anything you can fit in it.

Wait a second JD!!! There are special editions too??
I'm just sending a blank check!!!
[emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

There used to be a lot more on his website including cheap Cold Steel knives like the GI Tanto that he had "modded' and was selling for like $150 and hideous Pakistini damascus abortions that were "too hard to sharpen on diamond stones." He never once mentioned that all of his tacticool knives started off either as TOPS or CS blades or ripoffs. IIRC,there was one knife/survival sheath combo that he originally has listed for well over $1000, maybe closer to $1500. He made one long winded half page post about who we are all morons who knew nothing about knives and little girls who just like to insult real operators whose jockstraps we were not worthy of sniffing. Classic stuff, like what you imagine the reponse would have been had you insulted Gecko45. That thread from 2009 ended up being like 24 pages longhand, unlike some other thread that have appeared on here, the subject only responded once..;)
Wait a second JD!!! There are special editions too??
I'm just sending a blank check!!!
[emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

There's a lot of really bad info in this thread. Just shows how muddied the waters have become when it comes to steel types.

I sort of agree with the OP. Not that 1095 sucks or that all knives made from 1095 should be cheap, but that some manufacturers don't offer enough value in their 1095 knives for me to make a purchase. I'm fine with paying $200 for a nice custom or even a limited production traditional with stag handles, but $200 for a blade cut with a water jet, simple flat grind and micarta scales that don't have any sculpting or other milling seems silly. It may be a fine knife, it's just not offering enough value for my money.

This was the point I tried to make. I LOVE 1095! I just don't think...well, it's been said.

...and using a coating process that mimics differential heat treating??? Just like 1980's "ninja swords".

Back