15 inch Sirupati up for auction to help Bura!

I'm putting up my 15 inch Durba made Sirupati for auction! It is in new condition and never used. It has brass inlays on the blade and has a horn handle and a perfectly cut cho. The sheath is tooled and has the older leather but is still top notch! Sorry but I have no pictures and I can't find the link to it.

Bidding will continue for at least a week and the winner will send a check to Uncle Bill to help Bura and I'll send the Khukuri to the winner. I'll pay shipping in the USA only.;) Thank you and happy bidding!

attachment.php

A beautiful Sirupati knife. Horn handled, and at 15" a perfect size for hiking, hunting, and camping. Adding to it's pristine and unused condition is almost a whole year of careful aging in the Rocky Mountain state. Where's your sportin' blood lads? It would be embarrassing to let this magnificent specimen of the knifemaker's craft go at a mere $175. Especially since this is zero profit on Chris's part, and all to help a member of the HI family.

Sarge

Well done Spence, but I'm going to have to see that and raise you $25. Let's make it $225.

Sarge

Sarge and Spence, your ability to give humbles me.

Some of us give more than we take as we go through life. What is happening now in HI forum shows we feel Bill Martino is one of those people.

munk

Don't think me too generous Munk, where I'm going there won't be much to spend money on. In Desert Shield/Desert Storm I left on ninety day orders and came home 8 1/2 months later. Hard lessons stay with you. This time around I stuffed a footlocker to bulging with "provisions" and shipped it ahead with some other cargo. If we're in it for the long haul I'll be ready.

Sarge

You guys are wonderful!!!!;) I was hoping to get $5.oo increments and we over $200.00 already!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worrie Bura, I think at this pace and with all these fine folks we will be at the $5000.00 mark in no time!!!!!:D

Thank you for posting the picture!!!!

The knife still even has the "made in Nepal" tag on the handle! I leave them this was as I like the way they look in my collection! It adds to the authenticity(sp?) I think!! I remove the tags from the ones I use only!:)

Specs: 15 & 1/8 inches long, 1 & 3/8 at it's widest and a hair under 3/8 thick.

Dadgummit I hate to bail out just when it's getting interesting. Here's the deal Chris, I got roughly 24 hours before I roll out and y'all don't hear from me for a while. 250 would have been high as I can go, and the check's gonna have to be dated for the 15th so it don't get cashed before my mid-month pay hits the bank. Kinda tapped out buying up stuff for the trip.
I'll cut the check and get it in the mail today while I still got a chance. If someone outbids me, and I hope they do, then good on 'em. Your Sirupati would then go for my 250 plus whatever the highest bidder's willing to pay, that way you'll have raised at least 500 bucks to help Bura.
If no one happens to outbid me, hopefully because they're bidding in one of the other auctions, just hang on to that Siru until I get back.;-)

Sarge

$250.

I'll match the Sarge. He gets the blade. Somewhere out there there'll be another Durba with my name on it.

S.

I hope Sarge can get it before he ships out or can get it in the field.

Back