15 inch Sirupati up for auction to help Bura!

Spence, I like your style, I'm pleased to be counted among such good company. But hold on here, I ain't heard no fat lady singin'. If no one outbids us I'm sure we'd both like to give that Sirupati a good home, so I'd like us both to have a fair shot at it. Maybe you and Chris could arrange a coin toss and let me know who won. I've never had a problem trusting in luck and the honor of good men.

Sarge

Class act gentlemen.
I am proud to be a member of this forum because of people like you.

This is very interesting! $250 from Sarge $250 from Spence! I wish I could give you two your own Sirupati's right now! I'll end the bidding on Monday and we will see then what happens. If you two are still at $250 I'll tell Uncle Bill a number between 1 and 20 and whoever is the closest will win the Sirupati!

I hope this will work and if anybody knows of a better way please let me know soon so Sarge will know what is going on! We could end it tomorrow if it would be easyer for you guys?

Sarge will you be able to check and post on the forum soon after you ship out?

Boy if Bura only knew what you guys were doing for him right now!;)

Chris,
It's going to take us about three days to get over there, and another three days getting a good operational hand-off from the team we're replacing. Our first priority is to get our feet wet and start working the missions we were sent to do. A very close second is to get our guys, that are ready to come home, on the first thing smoking out of there.
I'll check in on the forum as soon as I'm able, but I can't make any promises as to when that'll be, it'll depend on how things are going. Much as I like Sirupatis, I'm not hurting for a khuk, got Rusty's good BAS wrapped and packed for the trip already. If it comes down to "pick a number" and I'm still off the net, just get Rusty or whoever wants to, to pick one for me.
Thanks for all you've done Chris. When you boil it right down, I don't know Bura from Adam's house cat, but I know what he means to the HI family, and to the craft and tradition of the Nepalese blade.
Glad to have been able to do my small part.

Sarge

A chance to positively affect someone's life is a privelege.

Chris: Thanks for donating the blade. It's never easy to let your prized possessions go. I'll send a PayPal directly to Bill. Re: the number, that's OK by me. How do you want to handle the communication re: selected number.

Sarge, thanks for the competition. You have my prayers for your safety.

S.

Best of luck to you Sarge!!! Be careful and take care of yourself! When you get back you will have to tell us how handy your BAS came in and what you used it on!

Spence and Sarge, I'll set up the "guess a number" thing and make a thread on it. I'll email Uncle Bill the number in my head and then you guys can post your # and Uncle Bill will let you know who nailed it or was closest! I'll put the thread "back to the top" (Bttt) Untill Sarge gets a chance to post his number, sounds like it might be a week or 2.

My friends there are only winners on this one!

Sent Uncle a suggestion. If he agrees he can post so.

Looks like you won the Sirupati - but Sarge gets a consolation prize. ( Trust me. :D :D :D )

A while back Sarge drooled over a PGA Bura WWII except it had wood handles and he wanted horn.

While in Reno Tuesday I got an M43 made by Sanu. It immediately replaced the khuk next to the computer ( you all have at least one you keep close at hand don't you? ). That happened to be a Bura WWII 16.5" with horn handles.

Since Sarge said I should pick a number for him I did. A guaranteed loser. So Spence gets the Sirupati and Sarge has to make do with the consolation prize. You guessed it, the 16.5" Bura WWII. Sharpened but never used. Exactly what Sarge had said he wanted. I've his APO addy so it goes out Monday.

Does that make everything clear as mud?

It is truly an honor to be in the company of men such as yourselves.
Thank you one and all for being there.
Sarge, prayers to you, your team and all in Afghanistan for a quick resolution and a safe return, may your khuk serve you well.

men among us--men whose sense of self and connection to the world--give rise to new hope in tired souls who have seen so much, so sadly.

How these men come to exist is a mystery...but there they are: shining examples of how good we can be, but rarely are.

They seek no salute...but richly deserve one.

Kis
:rolleyes:

We're all in this together, somehow.

This is the worst idea I have ever heard!!! The Auction is off!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Just kidding!!!!:D

This is great! I always knew in the end we all would be winners and this just tops it off!!!:) Thank's Rusty for your generosity, it will make Sarge's day and then some!:)

Looks like the Sirupati is yours Spence! Email me your address and I'll get her shipped off to you!;)

Back