15 inch Sirupati up for auction to help Bura!

All boxed up and ready to fly in am!:)

Thanks to all for making this a successful auction! The money will be used well and go far!;)

Thanks again all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I was busy again yesterday running between two doctors this time and didn't get Sarge's sent out til this morning. It'll make Reno tonite and then outward bound.

I got in yesterday to find the Durba Siru waiting for me. It's gorgeous.

Durba's workmanship rivals Sanu's. Fit and finish (even the bolster - which is a weak area for everyone but Bura and Sanu in my experience)are fantastic. I can see why Durba had a following.

This Siru is a little small for me. But, it's a perfect fit for my fiancee. Many thanks to Chris for donating something so beautiful.

S.

Colorado to DC Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. Four days.

Now to see how long priority takes from Nevada to Afghanistan - Saturday, tomorrow's Sunday....

Rusty:

I asked the fiancee, and she said that it arrived on Thursday (I travel each week, Monday-Friday). So, three days door-to-door.

But, I imagine reaching Sarge will be just a trifle more complex.

S.

If patience is a virtue, then I must learn to be virtuous, mail is taking 2-3 weeks to get where I am. Things are going well over here, we're taking it to the bad guys, albeit slowly, nothing major. Had a tough day and my dogs are barkin', but being tired just makes me sleep better with all the noise. The guys are all safe and mostly we'll, got a couple I'm watching close that may need to be sent to the rear for better medical care.
I'll be hoppin up and down on one foot in anticipation of that WWII, maybe I can get my hands on a digital camera and send y'all some photos. I'm not young and handsome like Airman Wheeler, but as Uncle Bill pointed out, age is all relative. Right now I'm feeling mine, so I think I'll stumble to my tent and find my sleeping bag.

Good night all,
Sarge

Spence, I'm glade to hear you got it in good shape! I hope your fiancee likes it! It is a beautiful knife and should serve you well! ;)

Sarge, can't wait to hear about your WWII when you get it!!! Put her to some good use!:)

Back