18" Keffeler Sword (K18), AKA The KOD Piece

I’ve seen that one before. Pretty incredible!

Fonedork, you almost inspired me to start a robot thread one day. A lot of stuff is showing up in the news. We may need to stay on Nathan to keep up with robot metal and make sure we can chop em. ;)
I think if you start a robot thread it should be in the vein of “how would you kill this robot”

Maybe this is more of a random thought, but can you imagine the K18 in the hands of that master swordsman?! I mean, watching Dan do is thing is phenominal for both power and talent, but I'd love to see the finesse this guy would apply. Just musing...

I can’t hardly wait for this knife!
:thumbsup:
3956540.jpg

It's too big to deck on our regular Chevalier grinder. I don't dare deck it on a mill (it will taco). The grinding options from the service providers were either inadequate (+-.005") a poor finish (Blanchard) or unworkable (very expensive precision ground which could still be warped). So I'm setting up a larger Chevalier to duplicate our regular process on a larger scale. This grinder needs to be adapted to run a particular kind of abrasive grinding belt that plays well with 3V to avoid causing distortion. So setting up this grinder is a non-trivial task.

We're moving our shop a few miles north of here to a space where our noise won't disturb the ever encroaching development here. This move will be in about three weeks. I don't want to setup (level and straighten and electrical and dust collector system) here just to tear it down in a couple weeks to set it up again.

I'm going to be late on this one. I'm sorry. There were some un-knowns undertaking this project due to the physical size of it. In retrospect I should have tackled this particular issue sooner when the project first started so it wouldn't cause a bottleneck now but I have a lot of different projects going on and I don't multi task well. While there is a simple solution to the hiccup I don't see having properly ground sheet ready until around the new year. So I'm not going to be shipping until spring. I am genuinely sorry to be late starting to ship on this one.

This is being late to start to ship. I only committed to completing shipping by the end of next summer. <--- that was a lot of wiggle room and I think I'm going to need it.

Last edited:
It's too big to deck on our regular Chevalier grinder. I don't dare deck it on a mill (it will taco). The grinding options from the service providers were either inadequate (+-.005") a poor finish (Blanchard) or unworkable (very expensive prevision ground which could still be warped). So I'm setting up a larger Chevalier to duplicate our regular process on a larger scale. This grinder needs to be adapted to run a particular kind of abrasive grinding belt that plays well with 3V to avoid causing distortion. So setting up this grinder is a non-trivial task.

We're moving our shop a few miles north of here to a space where our noise won't disturb the ever encroaching development here. This move will be in about three weeks. I don't want to setup (level and straighten and electrical and dust collector system) here just to tear it down in a couple weeks to set it up again.

I'm going to be late on this one. I'm sorry. There were some un-knowns undertaking this project due to the physical size of it. While there is a simple solution to the hiccup I don't see having properly ground sheet ready until around the new year. So I'm not going to be shipping until spring. I am genuinely sorry to be late starting to ship on this one.

This is being late to start to ship. I only committed to completing shipping by the end of next summer. <--- that was a lot of wiggle room and I think I'm going to need it.

It's all GOOD Nathan:thumbsup:Knew this would be a Challenge;)Grind On Evil Genius. Your work is worth waiting for:thumbsup:

Where do we put our precious things
Like Behemothers and K-18s
And leather sheaths and handle sets
Our Lego and transformer jets

Where can we hide when the robots arrive
To save ourselves when all others die
To toast with a shot in the electric eye
I've got an idea, listen here

There's a hole in the yard, about ten by ten
Just large enough to put all those things in
A dark place to be if and when the robots hit
At the back of the pit
At the back of the pit
When we hear the frogs again, we'll consent to raise our heads
And it won't matter then if the rest of the world is dead
Yes, Behemother and K-18 make a robot depopulation kit
The world will rise again from the back of the pit

Any update?

HYPE HYPE HYPE

I woke up this AM and was thinking the exact same thing...life is good :)

#stillnotnatahn

With the CPK's move to a larger facility, plus the challenges of getting the set up dialed in for these monsters as meticulously as Nathan marshals such projects, all of us the CPK faithful will just have to curb our palpitating anticipation till Nathan gives us a more precise timetable.

In the meantime, I am personally staying hopeful within that 1 year from the close of preorders which Nathan always quotes, plus or minus a few weeks on either side :)

Back