18" Keffeler Sword (K18), AKA The KOD Piece

Ughh... I gotta stop looking at this thread. I keep kicking myself for not joining in on the pre-order.

Gonna have to hope there's some extra that'll make it into a Friday sale.

We've talked about doing a sword like that. We were thinking maybe calling it a notakatana.

Ninja swords!!!

Oh man, if you guys took Keffeler's Super Assassin pattern and productionized it, that would be amazing!

I was just going to deck the flat on the pommel with a facemill because milling stainless with a ballmill looks pretty janky at the tip of the cutter where it's really just plowing through, but the Mori Seiki NH5000 horizontal machining center we stole at auction last year has the ability to index the table to any whole number angle so I was able to tilt the work in order to cut with the sides of the ballmill and get a glorious finish. It looks like a jewel. I was going to tumble it but I might not, it's too pretty.

I was just going to deck the flat on the pommel with a facemill because milling stainless with a ballmill looks pretty janky at the tip of the cutter where it's really just plowing through, but the Mori Seiki NH5000 horizontal machining center we stole at auction last year has the ability to index the table to any whole number angle so I was able to tilt the work in order to cut with the sides of the ballmill and get a glorious finish. It looks like a jewel. I was going to tumble it but I might not, it's too pretty.
That really is damn cool:cool:

Just wanted to stop by and say "Hi"
giphy.webp

Super stoked to see the progress updates on these beautiful BEASTS! I'm sure I can speak for most everyone who pre-ordered when I say "Thank You" to the CPK Team (and Dr. Keffeler, Chad Pirtle, and Bennie Boo) for helping to make this thing a reality and keeping us drooling with anticipation!

If you're looking for feedback on the shinies (for the pommel) - I don't like shiny things. I like dull, tumbled, acid washed, nasty, grubby, grimy, tarnished and ugly. But that's just me and I am but a drop of water in a bucket of opinions.

No rush, keep the faith, and keep doin' yo thang!
6jha2lqu33ok11kflkqtuqpe7u-e76917f16b5ed177c5e795872ee0e394.png

Back