• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

2" x 72" Belt Grinder kit $369.99

:thumbup:I would like to leave some positive feedback with Itrader to everyone that helped me on the project But I really don’t want to use this thread I’m afraid it will tarnish the hard work that so many folks have put into the project. :)
Maybe it’s time for a new thread?

This is my first pass at the Multi Platen for the grinder my wheels have not arrived so I cut some out of cardboard to get started with. The backing plate is adjustable both in and out as well as left to right I taped 3/8 holes for all thread, screwed it in most of the way and then wire welded it in place.
cimg0131.jpg

I have more pictures at my web site http://dougwhitesworkshop.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=76:multiplaten&catid=41:shptools&Itemid=65

Looks good! I know that waiting for wheels was the worst part for me, too.

There is now a new thread created.

Over the next few days, I'll be adding pictures of completed kits that I have to my website.

Jamie

I am glad I stayed up to read this it was a very good Thread and Great Job working together to pull this off. I may purchase the kit later.

Is there some way someone could put one of these belt grinders together for me? I'm a handicapped gent and would not be able to do this.

I would pay someone to do this for me as well as pay for the grinder up front before you begin.

Anyone interested in helping an old man out?

Regards

Bud

Matchlock, if you haven't already purchased this, do not do so. Wilhurley has ripped off several people from Bladeforum on this deal.

Go to this thread to get an even better system. Polarbearforge is a stand up guy.
You might also post a request on this thread for someone to do the build for you
Polarbearforge, Grinder in a box.

Leadfoot

Hi;

aren't you the designer or seller of this grinder? Is there a guy named Jamie too?
Are your kits ready for shipping these days or are you backlogged?

Tom

Tom
I am the designer (Chris Williams) and came up with the EERF grinder and Jamie with my permission improved the design and sells them via his website www.polarbearforge.com and calls it the grinder in a box (GIB)
Best to email him to get a GIB.
Goodluck
Chris

I disagree, and believe I designed the grinder (Mostly), I'm sure I got a ton of credit for being a villian, but I would just like a little credit in the design. I know it was blueprinted, and it was modified by everyone on BF. I know it looks similar to a B3, but I have never seen one up close in my life, and I did everything from scratch, It was a lot of work.
I did not post, back when everyone said I cheated them. The design was taken and modified, based on a 2 people who said they were not refunded. I refunded everyone via Paypal, I did a mass refund. I think 2 people got free grinders, I lost around $1000. I think they are the two who posted the measurements. I was just really trying to offer a good grinder, and a great price, so people who could not afford such a grinder could. All good intentions were involved, and reallly I wasn't making alot per grinder. At this point I'm glad the design is out there and other people can benefit from it. If anyone has anyquestions feel free to email me. wilhurley@yahoo.com

Last edited:
i know this is a really really dead thread... but since the link to the hosted files seems to be inactive... is there anyone out there that can post up the files again... and/or get me a copy... i work in a machine shop... so making one on my own would be no problem... so i just really can't forsee paying someone to build me one... it would be much appreciated... thanks...

Back