• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

2" x 72" Belt Grinder kit $369.99

i cant wait to start hearing about these! i cant afford one right now but if this turns out then i believe this is really going to be the best bang for the buck for those of us with limited finances.

Jake

I talked to him on Monday. I know he is busy getting these shipped to people, sounded like he's sold a bunch of them already.

I have my grinder body and he is planning to get wheels and the handle (supplier issue) shipped this week. So far it's excellent quality. Hoping to paint tomorrow and start assembly this weekend.

I talked to him on Monday. I know he is busy getting these shipped to people, sounded like he's sold a bunch of them already.

I have my grinder body and he is planning to get wheels and the handle (supplier issue) shipped this week. So far it's excellent quality. Hoping to paint tomorrow and start assembly this weekend.

Do you happen to have a phone number you can PM me? I have tried everything to get a hold of him to order one, and he hasn't responded.

try ordering it through his e bay store?

I've tried contacting him through his ebay link, but I'm a little apprehensive to order if there is no communication. If I knew I could just order it and everything would ship, I'd have ordered it a week ago. I just wanted his current time line for parts (wheels)

I found his kit while looking for parts to build one. I figured it would be quicker to buy his kit than building my own, I guess I'll just build one.

I've tried contacting him through his ebay link, but I'm a little apprehensive to order if there is no communication. If I knew I could just order it and everything would ship, I'd have ordered it a week ago. I just wanted his current time line for parts (wheels)

I found his kit while looking for parts to build one. I figured it would be quicker to buy his kit than building my own, I guess I'll just build one.

Absolutely and well said.

I have money in hand and am ready to buy but I want to get the feedback from someone who has experience with the product.

It looks great but I sure would like to hear from someone who has one up and running.

JR

i've heard good things about him. who knows he may be out of town. i would just be patient and relax. i agree tho. i am really interested to see how these turn out.

jake

Well this is hearsay but I got an email from a guy who bought one of these. He didn't sound real happy. He mentioned some problems with parts, design issues, no instructions, no wheels, and no response from wil hurly. I hope that he will post on here with specifics. Again this is some one else's experience not mine.

Jake

This is all very interesting to me. Let's not start a trial by Internet here, so far I am the only person (that I know of) who is PUBLICLY discussing the fact that I have one of these grinders.

I emailed Wil last night and got an email back from him this morning. What more could you ask for?

About the wheels, he was very upfront about the them not shipping with the grinder as he is waiting on them from his supplier, it's right in his eBay listing. They were supposed to ship at the end of this week but there was a slight delay and he is supposed to have them early this coming week.

Correct, he did not ship with instructions, to over come that he shipped the grinders assembled, but not tightened down. I gotta call BS on this one anyway, a drunk money could put this thing together.

Not sure how he could identify a "design issue" if he could not asemble it and did not have wheels but everything was spot-on with my unit as far as I can see. There are a few design changes from his pictures but nothing that impacts the use of the machine. I had one minor concern I shared with Wil and he is going to test and change what I suggested, so minor it's not even worth mentioning.

Wil told me he is working evening shift, 50+ hours a week but he has not recieved any emails he did not reply to. He did say that he had one buyer giving him a hard time and saying he did not reply to his emails but that he had replied several times, he refunded the guys money and left it at that.

He said if anyone wants to email him they can send it to: wilhurley@rocketmail.com

I have his number but I am not going to share it because he did not say that I could, nor did I ask.

I am pretty meticulous about keeping email traffic for web purchases and to date I have 18 replies from Wil discussing this purchase, he has answered every question I've asked him.

My take on all of this: He is offering a steal of a package and is just getting up to speed with them, cut the guy some slack. These grinders are sold as Kits in 95% finished condition at a fraction of the cost of the competitor grinders, I'm reasonable enough to work with him while he gets things going smoothly but so far I have not had any issues to be concerned with. He shipped 7 other grinders the same day as mine so there are a number of them out there but then again BF is not the only place he is selling them.

The paint on my grinder is drying in the shop right now. I am waiting on a plate (bought elsewhere) to mount it to my stand and then it will be assembled. Happy to give a first hand review & pictures once it's up and running.

Just to clarify what I stated again. That it was hearsay and not my experience. And I encouraged the guy to post on his own and state his case.

So there is NO TRIAl! So relax.

Everyone has been wanting info this is what I've heard is all

Jake

Wil sent me an email on sat. saying my messages were going into his junk folder. He estimates 2-3 weeks before the parts will ship.

Has anyone on the forum received a unit,? I'd like some feedback before I step out the door, I too have cash in hand,,,,,,JC

I ordered one of his 8" wheels from him on ebay. I paid for it on Sept, 15th. He was great with communication up until I paid for it. He told me it would be 7-10 days to ship. Over a month later and it hasn't arrived. I sent him a message via eBay a couple weeks ago and he never responded. I'm a little pissed off. If I had any indication that he'd be pulling this shit I would have never bought from him. I need this wheel, as both of my other wheels are out of true. I was depending on using this one while I got the others refaced.

Any info on where Wil is, and how I can get a hold of him are appreciated.

Wil sent me an email on sat. saying my messages were going into his junk folder. He estimates 2-3 weeks before the parts will ship.

His junk folder doesn't apply to his ebay messages. Wil may have a good reason for disappearing, but as of right now I would encourage you all to proceed with caution (especially if you were contemplating buying f/ him on eBay).

I found his phone # on his web site and called. I got a message saying that the # is unavailable, it "beeped" as if I could leave a message, and I left one. Not sure if it actually recorded me though. We'll see...

It would be nice if Mr. Hurley would respond to this thread. Communication is everything in these situations. I'm still holding out hope tho.

Jake

His junk folder doesn't apply to his ebay messages. Wil may have a good reason for disappearing, but as of right now I would encourage you all to proceed with caution (especially if you were contemplating buying f/ him on eBay).

I found his phone # on his web site and called. I got a message saying that the # is unavailable, it "beeped" as if I could leave a message, and I left one. Not sure if it actually recorded me though. We'll see...

I sent him another message a couple days ago, (he said that was the best way to get a hold of him when I asked for his phone #) i still haven't heard back. I'm ordering parts from Beaumont on Monday.

I can understand if a person is busy, but this is ridiculous. I work 6-7 days a week, 10-12 hours a day. Customer service is everything to me. My business would fail if I pulled this kind of crap. I'd rather pay twice as much, and know if I needed help, or parts I could get it.

I'm getting a bit apprehensive with this as well. We ordered a full kit nearly a month ago and we still haven't received anything and emails and phone calls aren't being returned. Been giving the benefit of the doubt, but that only goes so far.

I understand the wheels may be back ordered but we haven't gotten any part of the grinder.

Grant

Back