2012 HTM Forum Gunhammer: *Commitment/Sign-up* thread

So has everyone's order been filled? Haven't heard from a lot of you...

Trivia - Thanks for bringing this up. I have not filled all orders, I have five customers that I have been trying to contact either by phone or email and haven't been able to reach.
So: if I have somehow missed any of you please call me at 469-728-7242. I am here until 4pm central everyday.

Thanks ~ Lacey

Lacey, I owe you a phone call and the second half of my payment. I've been busy at work and had emergency expenses arise. I would like for any issues that others have experienced to be taken care of before sending the second half of the payment. I'm not keen on getting new knives and having to send them back out. Might as well take care of things while at the shop.

Lacey, I owe you a phone call and the second half of my payment. I've been busy at work and had emergency expenses arise. I would like for any issues that others have experienced to be taken care of before sending the second half of the payment. I'm not keen on getting new knives and having to send them back out. Might as well take care of things while at the shop.

I've sent RevDevil an e-mail about this thread. He has 7 days to resolve this issue or he will be banned.

Ha! You have just been GB&U'd. I think I would make a good mod...;)

Update: I had one call this morning and take care of it so yay! 1 down - 4 to go.
I will be attempting to call again today - If you don't hear from me there's something wrong about phone numbers or emails.

~ Lacey

I've sent RevDevil an e-mail about this thread. He has 7 days to resolve this issue or he will be banned.

Ha! You have just been GB&U'd. I think I would make a good mod...;)

You're weak giving 7 days. Someone that's been here for a few years like me should have received 3 days. ;)
Calling Lacey this morning. Gotta quick meeting at work in 30 minutes. It will likely be one of those waste of time meetings, where some middle management guy tells us how righteously awesome he is and we all owe him... :confused: Ain't corporate like grand? :barf:

ETA: I'm all paid up, #20 will be on its way to me soon. Big thanks to Lacey, she's awesome.

Last edited:
You're weak giving 7 days. Someone that's been here for a few years like me should have received 3 days. ;)
Calling Lacey this morning. Gotta quick meeting at work in 30 minutes. It will likely be one of those waste of time meetings, where some middle management guy tells us how righteously awesome he is and we all owe him... :confused: Ain't corporate like grand? :barf:

ETA: I'm all paid up, #20 will be on its way to me soon. Big thanks to Lacey, she's awesome.

Ha, I would fall off the corporate ladder like drunk. And I have a tendency to be inappropriate. Okay, its more of an affinity for making people uncomfortable.

falloff_ladders.jpg

Plus, c'mon guys! I would be a terrible mod. Anytime I would feel butthurt for even the smallest thing, I would scream, "RETRIBUTION!!!!!", while putting my fist through a window and then immediately ban someone. But hey, at least I'm honest. I'll leave the modding to the professionals.

Lacey, your mailbox is full 100%. If you haven't received any emails today, it might be because of that. Time to set up autoarchive.

Last edited:
Plus, c'mon guys! I would be a terrible mod. Anytime I would feel butthurt for even the smallest thing, I would scream, "RETRIBUTION!!!!!", while putting my fist through a window and then immediately ban someone.
You stole this from my upcoming "How To Be A Mod" e-book, didn't you?! BAN TIME!!!! :mad:

I got #20, Bowie blade, non assist. It's a nice knife, but...the stonewashing is an issue on mine as well as the other folks. The knife isn't sharp either, even though it was sharpened before being shipped. Now, I can fix both of these issues. The Edge Pro will take care of the dullish edge in about 10 minutes. The blade finish can be polished up and cleaned off to provide a more consistent finish (I'm hoping anyway). Mine has the S90V mark on it as well, not the incomplete marking.

Overall, it is a nice piece. Would I buy another one? Sight uneen with complete confidence? No. I would buy another after reading reviews and seeing many photos though. Is it worth the $360 price tag for this particular run? Not in my view, this would be more in line with say, $250ish.

I completely agree Rev, $250 sounds about right. Mine was dull and the edge was THICK! I sent it off to get a regrind from Big Chris customs and got it back yesterday..... its a laser now! It is very thin, getting close to zero grind with a micro bevel. Crappy pic but a pic,

This is why I have backed out of so many transactions with HTM. QC continues to be a problem it seems and I won't buy one because of that.

I completely agree Rev, $250 sounds about right. Mine was dull and the edge was THICK! I sent it off to get a regrind from Big Chris customs and got it back yesterday..... its a laser now! It is very thin, getting close to zero grind with a micro bevel. Crappy pic but a pic,
That looks like a whole different knife, beautifully done. Chris is a hell of a good guy in my book.
I have an older GH in S30V, and there are some minor, but consistent differences on the knives. That knife wasn't what I would call super sharp either, the handles are a bit thicker, and the blade finish was bead blasted. Much nicer knife. I wanted to buy an AXD folder, but I'm not so sure now. I will wait to find more reviews online before anything.

Wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the issues are due to the shop move. But I'm with you, RevDevil. I was thinking about an AXD, but am now going to be waiting a few years until the QC issues get sorted out (and who knows, by then maybe I'll be making my own folders and can dispense with buying them entirely). I'm a patient sort, ya know?

Wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the issues are due to the shop move. But I'm with you, RevDevil. I was thinking about an AXD, but am now going to be waiting a few years until the QC issues get sorted out (and who knows, by then maybe I'll be making my own folders and can dispense with buying them entirely). I'm a patient sort, ya know?

I agree. The best things come to those who wait.

Back