2013 Christma/Winter KITH Final Edit of Rules

One of mine has been received by its recipient, or is at least in their mail box. The second was due to arrive yesterday, but the tracking isn't updating to a confirmed delivery.

Picked mine up today, from Warren. Beautiful knife!
I wish I had a camera to take a picture but I'm still in the middle of moving at the moment. As soon as I'm able to I will.
Warren, thank you! She feels perfect in hand!
Love the box too, good choice! Though I'm partial to Laphroaig myself. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments. I am open to a critique of where you feel i could improve.

From what I can tell, everyone has received their knives except me. I know the one was delayed a few days and the maker let me know so I'm not worried. If anyone hasn't received their knife let me know, to make sure I haven't missed anything. I'll PM Stacy so he can unsticky this post.

If i do this next year, we will do this without the categories. I think the best way to engage newer makers would be to have them post a plan for feedback if they aren't sure of the appropriateness.

Thank you everyone for participating. I really enjoyed this, and enjoyed making the knives. Posting pics of what you received is a good idea, so please do so when you have a chance.

Thanks again Willie71 for organizing this years KITH, and for the snazzy new knife ;)

g1gDbKF.jpg

I PM'd you about the knife. I hope it works well for you and cuts well. There are flaws, but the steel should be good. :) I have the Paul Long DVDs now, and the sheaths are getting better quick!!!!'

I really like the feel of the padauk. Let me know how it feels over time.

Thats a nice looking blade Willie. Ive been wanting to try some smaller hunters like that just need more time lol. I think they are very attractive and like the hidden tang and bolsters. It just adds much more work and craftsmanship, not a bad thing just time consuming.

Quint, I have found it takes about four times as long to do a hidden tang compared to a regular tang. The guard fitting is the most time consuming aspect. I have a mill now, and that really helps the timeline, but final fitting is still by hand. I have my knives now, and they are both great. I don't have a light box yet, so I will get some pics this weekend. I am setting up my light box then.

Thank you everyone for participating and all the work on the great knives. I'm looking forward to next year, and have a few ideas for my submission already. There won't be any categories next year if I do the kith.

Back