2017 - Tons Of New Items Listed!

The SK5 @ 65rc can't be the final hardness. If it is, plus the cheap prices, I will definitely be buying some of each.

My guess would be they reversed the numbers and we're probably looking at Hrc 56 or so. But still, an SK5 SRK for $42 strikes me as a damn good deal.

~65rc would be the quenched hardness with no tempering. I'm betting Insipid is correct that it was a reversal of the numerals. 56 sounds a lot more like it. ;)

~65rc would be the quenched hardness with no tempering. I'm betting Insipid is correct that it was a reversal of the numerals. 56 sounds a lot more like it. ;)

+1 on this, i'll take the stats listed there with grain of salt until the official announcement.

hkyew
Prolite Sport --> Same dimension as the Prolite, not sure what the difference is

The site says its a DROP POINT. That's the only difference.
Tooo bad they still use 4116 Cryo quenched soft sh$t instead of a decent steel in the ProLite series. VERY DISAPPOINTING :(

Glad to see some new stuff though.

hkyew

The site says its a DROP POINT. That's the only difference.
Tooo bad they still use 4116 Cryo quenched soft sh$t instead of a decent steel in the ProLite series. VERY DISAPPOINTING :(

Glad to see some new stuff though.

Opps missed the details. Thanks. Drop point is great. Yeah I wished they would have at least used the AUS8 steel. They did it for the finnwolf which has identical size and similar priced, so I don't understand the logic here..

I went back and checked some older catalogs from over a decade ago.

It turns out that the Night Force was a leaf-spring (linerlock) lock folder from 2002.

It was one of the first products that were made in Taiwan.

It had 440A clipped point blade too, very close to the current Voyager clip point.

It will be interesting to see if they kept the leaf-spring lock.

Also interesting to note that the 4-MAX will be produced in Italy, see picture below, the blade is marked "Italy"

Last edited:
Looks like the Rajah and Counter Pointer series with grivory handles also have improved traction.

Last edited:
Also interesting to note that the 4-MAX will be produced in Italy, see picture below, the blade is marked "Italy"

Italy, huh. Lots of talented manufacturers there. Too bad they couldn't make it work in the US. I guess Trump didn't call them. :D
I suppose that the US-made 4Max will be more collectible?

Well, Italy sure is steeping up to the plate these days for cutlery production.

hkyew: where are you seeing the stuff you posted above? I would like to see some links for those.

Italy, huh. Lots of talented manufacturers there. Too bad they couldn't make it work in the US. I guess Trump didn't call them. :D
I suppose that the US-made 4Max will be more collectible?

Either that or less due to potential better quality from Italy. Hopefully they are contracting with Lionsteel, the fit and finishes of the Lionsteel that I own is impeccable

Too bad, bud the link now deleted from the forum and now its under the password. I should have saved the pics, damn.

But I gotta tell you that some of the designs are one of the ugliest I've ever seen :( Good thing that there were only a few of them.

Steve Austin "Working man" is a cool variation of the well known Pro Lite. But again I don't get it ...working knife for working men made of 4116....it looks like a freaking joke. A love the blade profile though.

SR1 is gonna be a real BIG HIT!

Either that or less due to potential better quality from Italy. Hopefully they are contracting with Lionsteel, the fit and finishes of the Lionsteel that I own is impeccable

Yep that's possible. Wonder if the MSRP will be higher.

Well, Italy sure is steeping up to the plate these days for cutlery production.

hkyew: where are you seeing the stuff you posted above? I would like to see some links for those.

It was pulled and made private. CS isn't ready to show them to public yet

Too bad, bud the link now deleted from the forum and now its under the password. I should have saved the pics, damn.

But I gotta tell you that some of the designs are one of the ugliest I've ever seen :( Good thing that there were only a few of them.

Which one do you think is particularly ugly? I just think the new opening hole+ramp is a little too funky for my taste... my favorite has got to be the immortal. I wished they made a spear point version instead of just tanto

Italian 4-MAXs? Designed by Andrew Demkolini? :D Italian production is fine by me, as long as the quality is there. Maybe they'll be more readily available now as well (fingers crossed). :thumbup:

Back