2017 - Tons Of New Items Listed!

Which one do you think is particularly ugly? I just think the new opening hole+ramp is a little too funky for my taste... my favorite has got to be the immortal. I wished they made a spear point version instead of just tanto

Saved a pic of my favorite for 2017, this one and the Immortal!

Doc1_zpsukxzpq3p.png

Which one do you think is particularly ugly? I just think the new opening hole+ramp is a little too funky for my taste... my favorite has got to be the immortal. I wished they made a spear point version instead of just tanto

28E and 54T. I had high hopes that CS will make something new to fill the gap after the discontinued the Medium Voyager, all the mini's (Recon, AK's, Lawman)...But.
The first one is plain ugly to me, but the second....the second looks like the Delica Chinese fake.

I would understand if CS just pay Spyderco for using the opening hole in their designs. But that thing looks looks a legal steal.

Pro Lite Sport...I don't like it. While the Working man is just amazing version of the same Pro Lite.

Last edited:
And a big machete, another budget blade with outstanding toughness and performance for very little $
You gotta love CS machetes if you like big blades!

97SMBWZ-copy_zpsdp9s8wys.jpg

28E and 54T. I had high hopes that CS will make something new to fill the gap after the discontinued the Medium Voyager, all the mini's (Recon, AK's, Lawman)...But.
The first one is plain ugly to me, but the second....the second looks like the Delica Chinese fake.

I would understand if CS just pay Spyderco for using the opening hole in their designs. But that thing looks looks a legal steal.

Pro Lite Sport...I don't like it. While the Working man is just amazing version of the same Pro Lite.

I personally would much rather that CS license the hole from Spyderco. I would gladly pay extra for that. The current design seems a bit funky to me, and functionally the extra ramp effectively shorten the blade(from piercing point of view anyways YMMV). Picture a knife with more than 1/2" of thumbstud and you'll know what i meant.

For the Pro Lite Sport, i really like it, it combines my favorite blade shape with the non-funky opening hole design. I only wished that it's using a better steel. IMO there is no design limitation that's preventing the use of G-10 handle and better steel, only cost/revenue reason.

And a big machete, another budget blade with outstanding toughness and performance for very little $

any dimensions and steel type listed yet? either way if price is right another winner.

Most Cold Steel Machetes are made out of 1055 carbon steel.

This new big Bowie machete looks to be based off the Marauder, which is also based off the World War II-era Marine Raider Bowie.

Looks like the Rajah and Counter Pointer series with grivory handles also have improved traction.

That is interesting indeed.:thumbup: I have enough SRK's unless the new 1080 version punches above its weight.

Yup. I've grabbed a slant tip and a royal kukri or some such a while back. Should be fun once the wood outside isn't frozen like iron at -25

Seeing the new colors and blades is sweet, several on my need list. The FDE color looks much better than the coyote tan, the drop forged are more interesting than they sounded. The Immortal, kind of a weird blade shape but i like it. The SR1 looks good too, the night force looks sweet and I like the trench hawks in fde and Od green. Looks like i'm going to be dumping some money on a bunch of knives.

The Khan seems like a real bargain for G-10 and S35VN. Wonder if that price is correct.
Their new opening hole is weird looking. Is it just to get around the Spyderco Trademark or do we not know?

The Khan seems like a real bargain for G-10 and S35VN. Wonder if that price is correct.
Their new opening hole is weird looking. Is it just to get around the Spyderco Trademark or do we not know?

It's a typo, the detailed description says it's AUS8A. Similar street price with Finn Wolf. It's odd that they only produce the Tanto version and not the drop point though. This could have been a great EDC with drop point.

BTW regarding the opening hole, i think from the pic it operates more akin to a very enlarged Kershaw Blur thumbstud with holes in the middle. Im not sure if it's also design to be able to catch on the pocket hence allowig you to "wave" it out.

It's a typo, the detailed description says it's AUS8A. Similar street price with Finn Wolf. It's odd that they only produce the Tanto version and not the drop point though. This could have been a great EDC with drop point.

BTW regarding the opening hole, i think from the pic it operates more akin to a very enlarged Kershaw Blur thumbstud with holes in the middle. Im not sure if it's also design to be able to catch on the pocket hence allowig you to "wave" it out.

OK thanks. I'm not seeing any "must haves."

I'm in for a Golden Eye, and maybe an SR1. The Immortal looks cool, and I may have to get one, however impractical it may be. I am disappointed there is no AD10 custom classic.

So far I am liking the Immortal the most. It is way past time that they came out with a Tanto folder with the Thumb Plate Opener!

The other one is the Frenzy II in blue and black G10. A huge Wharncliffe for sure!

I am glad to see the Flat Dark Earth being offered instead of the Coyote Tan on The Recon 1, Espadas, AK-47, and American Lawman. Now to figure out which one to get...

The new machete and kitchen knives look good too.

I was looking forward to the Tuff Lites being offered in different colors. But these pictures so far don't do anything for me yet. I will have to wait and see what the real life pictures are showing.

Back